• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defaulted account on my credit report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaulted account on my credit report

Hi,

This is my first post on this site so hello and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm hoping to get some information on a dispute that I have with Lowell Group for a defaulted account that is showing up on my Callcredit credit report via noddle. Note that this account is not showing as being defaulted (or even existing!) on my Experian or Equifax credit reports, only on Callcredit.

I'll try and start from the beginning from what I've managed to piece together so far.

On 13th August 2014, I completed a credit check using the credit information company Callcredit and their "noddle" service. Upon reading my credit report I was surprised to find an account that was labelled as defaulted since November 2013, the account name was Lowell Group. I immediately called Lowell to settle the account which I discovered was acquired from Orange in October 2013 with a £21 outstanding balance, a trivial amount...

I was completely unaware of this account and received no correspondence from Lowell to inform me that I had an outstanding amount to pay.

I contacted Orange and I've learned that I closed my Orange account in January 2012 and it seems that at this point they charged me £21, although the nature of this charge and why it was applied has still not been disclosed to me.

Since closing the my Orange account I've received no correspondence from Orange and they have admitted they have no record of contacting me in this time period. They took 22 months to pass the debt onto Lowell and failed to contact me at all in this time period!

I'm trying to get a mortgage at the moment and the defaulted status on my credit report is making it near enough impossible. I've tried a sympathetic email to Lowell to explain that this is have a huge impact on my families life, making it impossible for us to obtain a mortgage but they claim there is nothing they can do, despite the fact that the amount was so small.

Any advice or help you can give for how I might resolve this and get the default status removed would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Defaulted account on my credit report

I would have thought you could try applying pressure to Orange over this, given they charged you for some unknown reason, then sold a £21 debt to Lowell who defaulted you. You could potentially issue legal proceedings if you are unable to get a mortgage, so I'd write to the CEO pointing out your excellent history with them, assuming it was an oversight and asking for the default to be removed. They then need to sort it out with Lowell.

I don't know if this would work, but the suggestion of potential legal proceedings for such a paltry amount would certainly focus their minds.

Comment

Or complain to the ombudsman if 3 haven't dealt with your complaint satisfactorily.

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

Then use any result as a stick to beat Lowell with, and or basis of a complaint about them to the ICO

Comment

Thanks for getting back so quickly. How should I go about starting legal proceeedings? Would it be worth starting a formal complaint with Orange first?

Comment

Update:

I found the email address of the CEO of the company and sent him a message asking that since the account was such a small ammount, could he consider removing the defaulted status as a gesture of goodwill.
          I recieved a positive response 5 days later

Comment

Moved recent posts to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-credit-report
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X