• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/Optima Lega - l advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/Optima Lega - l advice needed please

Hi there,

I'm new to this great site and would really appreciate some advice please.

I've received two letters from Optima Legal, who have been instructed by Cabot for an outstanding overdraft balance. They requested payment by 20/03 failing which they may be instructed to commence legal proceedings. I am unsure what action to take if I am taken to court or if there is anything I can do to resolve the matter?

I had an overdraft on my account and in 2008/9 the bank removed it without prior warning and the account was past to collections. The bank stated they would refund the charges on the account but did not. I arranged to pay the balance at £50 a month but all payments were refunded back to me. I made complaints to the bank but the matter was not resolved and the account was past to Cabot during this time. I am not sure whether or not they have purchased this account.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot/Optima Lega - l advice needed please

Can anyone help me out with this please?

Comment

Re: Cabot/Optima Lega - l advice needed please

Hiya, Sorry to have missed your post before Easter xx

So you have had a letter before action but not yet received a court claim ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X