• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells/Debt Relief Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells/Debt Relief Question

Hi

My dad has been in a Debt Relief since August. The application starting in May/June etc.
    This week, he got a letter from Lloyds and Lowells advising one of his debts has been passed to Lowells. this was brought on 24th June 2013. It has taken them 6 months to tell him!!!!!

The worry we have, is at the time of applying and being accepted for the DRO, the debt was with Lloyds and one of their collecting agencies. This is the name on the DRO.

It was brought out by Lowells without my fathers knowledge so when the CAB done the application that had the debt listed under Lloyds. Even the paperwork has the date 2nd June 2013 and the debt still being with Lloyds. This was then passed forward to the DRO

Would this effect the DRO? This is no fault of my fathers as he was unaware. The name on the DRO is under Lloyds but the debt is no longer with them and with Lowells. One rule is that no information can be changed while in DRO.

Do you think Lowells are aware of the DRO but are just ignoring it and seeing if they can get money out of him?
    Surely Lloyds, who had been told of the application and the Debt Relief, should not have sold it on and even then, they should have informed Lowells of the DRO.

Dad is calling the DRO helpline tomorrow for advise

Any advise would be appreciated as now dad is worried his DRO will be cancelled even though it is not his fault.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells/Debt Relief Question

Hi and welcome

I'm no expert, and I'm sure someone who is will be along shortly, but if the debt to Lloyd's, then whether it's been sold to lowell or any other dca I would have thought it is still covered by the debt relief order.

Does the letter from lowlife state it's a Lloyd's debt for the amount etc?

As I said I'm no expert but hold tight, someone who is better in the know will be able to confirm/advise better.

Comment

It does state the original Lloyds details like account number and its exactly the same amount.

I love the "lowlife" bit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kittycat View Post
        It does state the original Lloyds details like account number and its exactly the same amount.

Then personally I can't see there could be a problem, but as I said please do wait for others to post on here as there are so many who are far more knowledgeable than me and it's important that you are given as much and as accurate advise as possible.

Lowlife I'm afraid are exactly that so you are right to post here, deviase little scrotums, alas I cannot take credit for their nickname as it was adopted from here!

Your dad is doing the right thing calling the dro helpline tomorrow.

Hang tight and all your needed advise will be along.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittycat View Post

Then personally I can't see there could be a problem, but as I said please do wait for others to post on here as there are so many who are far more knowledgeable than me and it's important that you are given as much and as accurate advise as possible.

Lowlife I'm afraid are exactly that so you are right to post here, deviase little scrotums, alas I cannot take credit for their nickname as it was adopted from here!

Your dad is doing the right thing calling the dro helpline tomorrow.

Hang tight and all your needed advise will be along.

Comment

I agree your Dad should speak with the DRO helpline first, it may be easily fixed by amending the details of the owner of the debt in the DRO paperwork. See what they say first.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The Insolvency Service can just substitute the name of the new creditor, and they will be bound by the DRO as the original was.

Comment

DRO-Newsletter-May-10.pdf

Continuing Communications from Creditors and Assignment of Debts

Upon the making of a DRO the Official Receiver will make immediate contact with the qualifying creditors scheduled in the DRO application, however debtors should be advised that they may
                continue to receive correspondence from their creditors subsequent to the making of their DRO.

Some creditors may continue to contact the debtor in order to comply with the Consumer Credit Act, however other creditors may for whatever reason be unaware of the making of the order and therefore the debtor should contact the said creditors and advise them of the making of the order, providing them with their DRO number and the date the order was made.

The Official Receiver will consider intervening should there be any evidence of harassment and bullying on the part of the creditor.

Some creditors may also assign debts that have been scheduled in a DRO to a 3rd party, however any such assignment does not confer the right to take recovery action and any correspondence from an assignee of a debt should be treated in the same manner as set out above.

Comment

Thanks SO SO much for that info. It has made me feel better.
                  I worry on behalf of my parents a lot!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X