• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capquest

Sorry about posting again but it all seems to have sped up this weekend. I have looked again and found that the two credit agreements sent for very.co.uk and for littlewoods are wrong. They have sent me two identical credit agreements for both. Same amount owed etc. They've sent me the woolworths one for both. In the letter for Very it says I owe £244 and in the agreement attached it says the same as Woolworths which is £480. They phoned today and for the first time I answered. No security went through but I did tell them they sent the wrong agreement. They say will send another. I also queried my signature and the tick box and said I hadn't signed anything. He said something about various laws etc and that when I signed up I would have had to sign something. I did not. That they were allowed to type my name in etc as they did not have to by law send me the original. I absolute 100% know that I signed nothing for these catalogues. So seems that they are allowed to type my name in for me.

I mentioned sending 2 x £10 postal orders so I can see all the charges etc on the accounts but couldn't remember the name of it so would be grateful if someone knows which letter I need to send. He sniggered and said the only one he knows of is SAR and that wouldn't tell me all the charges and that they don't have to tell me all the charges added.

Must admit is wearing me down now. I did something stupid too apart from answering the phone in the first place. I invited him to take me to court and that I'd be happy to go. (No idea why I said that but was upset). He said we don't go to court. So I asked him was he going to beat me with a stick to get the money then that I didn't have?

Sometimes I think I need to never be let out

Any advice for the ongoing saga would appreciated. Any tellings off for answering the phone properly for the first time will be accepted I have no idea how to even start with Jacamo. They have shocked me to be honest with the amount of charges. From £1300 to over £1800 and counting. They won't discuss anything except normal payments. They want detailed and indepth listings of my medical condtions and a doctors letter. I'm not doing that its personal to me and that was upsetting. They keep saying on letters I've refused to offer payments and thats all I do.

My anxiety is at an all time high and i have no idea what to do now. I dont own anything of value and have pictures of them taking my sofa and things out the door. My health is very poor now and although its my own fault, because I'm on my own that I'm drowning in this debt.
    Last edited by pinkynperky; 11th January 2014, 12:36:PM.

Comment

Hi the Jacamo account was taken out around 2011. They sent me a credit agreement today which i have attached and have never seen before. I've blocked out my name and account at the top but that is actually written in pen by someone at Jacamo. As you can see there is no signature by me at the bottom. Problem is there is a letter attached that says

"Further to your recent letter the current outstanding balance on this accountis is £1801.14, the terms of repayment are £54 every 28 days. Interest charges are currently being charged at 2.84 pence in the pound (39.9% variable every 28 days). We have not issued any default notices or obtained any court orders in relation to this account. Please find enclosed a 'True Copy' of your credit agreement setting out the Terms and conditions to which you agreed when the account was opened, along with the current terms and conditions. We cannot hold this account or stop charges being added until a mutual agreement has been reached."

The £500 charges on top of the original £1300 debt have been charged by them over the last 11 months which is how long i've been having problems for. So its basically going up £600 a year and they have basically told me they will not take me to court. I could end up owing tens of thousands by the end of this. Add that together with the other 2 and i'm going to be in big trouble I do keep trying to come to an agreement but their agreement means pay what they say not what i can afford.

Thanks
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pinkynperky; 18th January 2014, 15:31:PM.

Comment

Hi,

Just a quick question while waiting for the SAR from Jacamo. Had a letter yesterday from Capquest which says basically that they are able to obtain regular updates as to the balance of my bank account. Is this true? I have 0.28p in there so not worried but a bit shocked that credit reference agencies are able to give out debt companies or even have access to themselves my bank account statements and balances.

Also received a letter yesterday from Reliable Collections on behalf I think of Jacamo which just says they have made an appt to contact me at my home on Wednesday between 6 and 8pm. I haven't agreed to them coming here at that time and it says if not convenient to phone but everyone here says not to speak to them on the phone. They even say on the letter they have charged me £12 for the privilege of sending it.

Thanks for any help and sorry for the ongoing saga

Comment

Your bank may be sending some details to the credit reference agencies which Capquest will be able to access.
          My Noddle report always shows a balance of £0 in the bank even though there is more in the bank.
          They will be referring to the balance showing in your credit reference file.

Possibly you could try sending them a letter saying that you will not be at home on Wednesday and charge them £12 for the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by NotPaying View Post

Possibly you could try sending them a letter saying that you will not be at home on Wednesday and charge them £12 for the letter.
            lol thanks for the reply. They seem to like the amount of £12 and theres tons of £12 charges on my account

Comment

I am really angry. No SAR from Jacamo has arrived but I did get a statement from them today and it shows they've used the £10 postal order to take off my account balance. How are they allowed to do that? I made quite clear in the letter it was for the SAR only and they've taken it off my account balance instead? Is there anything I can do?

Note to add that they called and I was so angry I answered and spoke to three different agents. None of them knew what an SAR was. I cannot find anyone at Jacamo who knows what it is and they asked me to explain what it was. I have a copy of the letter sent requesting it.

Thanks
              Last edited by pinkynperky; 6th February 2014, 12:11:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkynperky View Post
                I am really angry. No SAR from Jacamo has arrived but I did get a statement from them today and it shows they've used the £10 postal order to take off my account balance. How are they allowed to do that? I made quite clear in the letter it was for the SAR only and they've taken it off my account balance instead? Is there anything I can do?

Note to add that they called and I was so angry I answered and spoke to three different agents. None of them knew what an SAR was. I cannot find anyone at Jacamo who knows what it is and they asked me to explain what it was. I have a copy of the letter sent requesting it.
                Once the 40 days have elapsed, you can complain to the ICO, however, you will be expected to have written to Jacamo in the first instance. See this for reference: http://ico.org.uk/complaints/getting

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                  Once the 40 days have elapsed, you can complain to the ICO, however, you will be expected to have written to Jacamo in the first instance. See this for reference: http://ico.org.uk/complaints/getting

Hi, thank you for replying. I will do that. The financial ombudsman has also filed a complaint with them.

Comment

dkjfhskdjfkjh

Comment

I have been dealing with Capquest for several months now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X