• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

trainsforgeorge v loads of credit cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trainsforgeorge v loads of credit cards

Recently divorced on benefits (6 children) has left me in my name with credit card debts of over £40 k.Been to CAB ,sent financial statements to credit cards with an offer of token payments -some have accepted whilst other continue to add interest & continually phone.Is there any way of making credit card companies accepting a token payment & suppressing interest?Any help at all would help -thanks

Re: trainsforgeorge v loads of credit cards

Firstly, Welcome to the forum. I am unsure of the answer to your question but will have words with other team members so that advise can be given

Comment

Hello George and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are going through some trouble with your debts. We have a library of template letters here Legal Beagles why don't you take a look through them, #2 is a good letter for your situation and you can always adapt the letters to suit your own situationn and make sure you include a copy of your income and expenditure sheet.
      Regarding them phoning you all the time this can be stopped quite easily send this letter, I recommend you send it by recorded delivery as you have a signature of receipt and make a note of the date it was sent, peace and quiet on the phone will soon be yours.
      Hope this helps, please update as you go along.

Comment

Hiya and welcome.....

I can only assume that there have been many penalty charges added to these accounts at some stage.
        Maybe best to send a data protection act request for your statements, again templates in the library.

Situations like this can often seem to big to handle.... please don't worry.
        All situations can be sorted one way or another.
        We will offer as much advice as we possibly can and support you.
        If you feel you need to chat to someone, visit our chat room and request one of our team members for a one on one chat. We are a friendly bunch and will do all we can for you.

Comment

Hiya trains

Do you own your own home ? Have you been in touch with someone like CCCS or Payplan - not so much to get into a DMP but just for some help organising things and getting a financial statement sorted out. Find out where you are at now, and what money you have available to put towards these debts. Sounds like you have done all the main first steps so thats good.

Maybe if you give us a basic breakdown of where these debts are individually, hw much they are.....periods over originally and orignal borrowing amounts..ther might be things we can recommend based on our experiences with the way different companies handle things.

If charges are involved then companies that are being pesky it might stave them off, we can look at the harrassment rules etc etc.

Look forward to hearing back from you...we'll help as much as we can.

Ame
          xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your replies- will add more later but Saturday unfortunately this mum has far too many children wanting to use the computer or a lift somewhere.thanks

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY:cheer2:

Comment

Hi trainsforgeorge

Did you mange to get your info together?

Or have you made any other progress?

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X