• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Under attack from Lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Under attack from Lowells

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
    Most of their recons are so badly put together, a nursery school kid with a pair of scissors and glue could do much better.
    Obviously, they failed the audition to be a presenter on Blue Peter. :grin:

Comment

I think clever clogs was just trying to raise a smile which at times is a good plan of action. As FP says do not worry as it seems they do not have a leg to stand on.

Comment

Hello, I am not sure how I would go about claiming this back, can you hlp me please

Comment

Should I write to them again as they state in this larest letter that they have fully satisfied their obligations following my request under 77/78 of the consumer credit act 1974 and they look forward to receiving my proposals for settlement of this account within 7 days once I have had the oppertunity to consider my position. " Please note in the absense of your reasonable proposals being recieved within the time stated we shall have no alternative than to continue our collections activity to recover the debt due" signed Sarah Barnard customer services. so what they are saying is pay up or get ready for the harrassing of your life, my nerves can't cope with this.

Comment

Hi, this statment list everything goods ordered , goods returned, goods delivered goods paid for, thier interest charges , administration cost of about £500 but nowhere on this staemnt is the payments they have charged me for their Peace of Mind plan? I don't understand why this has been omitted as this is the whole crusck of my dispute with them.

Comment

Ok there are a couple of options that I can see but let others with more wisdom guide you
              1) Send a SAR request to fashion world so that you get all the statements and everything, then do a reclaim which may be more than the outstanding balance
              2) Write to Lowlife heading the letter formal complaint and telling them that a) you will only communicate in writing, there will be a letter here somewhere and b) that you deny you ever signed an agreement and as such until they can confirm that they have a signed agreement the account is in dispute. That should with luck shut them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Under attack View Post
                Should I write to them again as they state in this latest letter that they have fully satisfied their obligations following my request under 77/78 of the consumer credit act 1974
                Well, they would state that, wouldn't they?

The fact remains that they have probably done nothing of the sort.

Comment

Hi, this statment list everything goods ordered , goods returned, goods delivered goods paid for, thier interest charges , administration cost of about £500
                  What?

How the buggery did J.D. Williams charge that much?

It looks like an egregiously outrageous penalty charge, which should be/have been subjected to strict proof.

but nowhere on this statement is the payments they have charged me for their Peace of Mind plan? I don't understand why this has been omitted as this is the whole crux of my dispute with them.
                  The "Peace Of Mind Plan" does not currently feature on their site and seems to be a form of Payment Protection Insurance which, by making it compulsory, was obviously mis-sold. You should be entitled to a refund of the premiums paid, plus interest.

Comment

Today on my work email I received an email from lowell that the debt has been sold to Lowell Portfolio by JD Williams and as I am aware they have been asked to collect the debt on behalf of JD Williams, Am I being thick here but if you bought a debt from another company would'nt the debt now be yours?? Also in big type they have written make us an offer , so I wrote them an account in dispute letter that I found the template for on here. Threatening them with all kinds of hell, its time to take my life back and with all the advice and support I have received from you all I am going to do just that, any other advide you can give me will be gratfully accepted, I have also written to Fashion World demanding (nicely) the PPI (Peace of Mind ) payments they extorted from me for 6 years plus all the administration charges, interest as well.

Comment

Today on my work email I received an email from lowell that the debt has been sold to Lowell Portfolio by JD Williams and as I am aware they have been asked to collect the debt on behalf of JD Williams, Am I being thick here but if you bought a debt from another company would'nt the debt now be yours?? Also in big type they have written make us an offer , so I wrote them an account in dispute letter that I found the template for on here. Threatening them with all kinds of hell, its time to take my life back and with all the advice and support I have received from you all I am going to do just that, any other advide you can give me will be gratfully accepted, I have also written to Fashion World demanding (nicely) the PPI (Peace of Mind ) payments they extorted from me for 6 years plus all the administration charges, interest as well.
                      See below what Cel posted a couple of days ago:
                      Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                      So if you started this agreement over the phone, did you ever sign anything?

If not, what is the reconstituted agreement meant to show? It could never have had a signature in the first place?

Please could you anonymise and scan up copies of the 'agreement', any T&C's they may have sent, also a copy of the default notice you received in 2009/10. (Please try and find this because it is quite useful as it could be flawed)

At present, they are just harassing you? What are they threatening to do? Do you own your own home? (v imp Q)

Comment

Hi All

I sent off (recorded delivery) on both the PPI claim to Fashion World and a heel and damnation account in dispute letter to Lowell portfolio 1 and hgot a letter from lowell (it must have corssed over in the post, telling me they will make a claim against my home, or through my work or send someone to my house. So I wrote to them again (recorded delivery) telling them that to do any of the things they threatened me with they would have to take me to court and as the so called debt they purchased was in dispute and I can prove it, when is ths going to happen. I have not heard anything yet, They can't do any of these things can they?

Comment

Hi All

I sent off (recorded delivery) on both the PPI claim to Fashion World and a heel and damnation account in dispute letter to Lowell portfolio 1 and hgot a letter from lowell (it must have corssed over in the post, telling me they will make a claim against my home, or through my work or send someone to my house. So I wrote to them again (recorded delivery) telling them that to do any of the things they threatened me with they would have to take me to court and as the so called debt they purchased was in dispute and I can prove it, when is ths going to happen. I have not heard anything yet, They can't do any of these things can they?
                          To register a charging order on your home or get an attachment of earnings order through your employer, they would have to take you to court and obtain judgment in their favour (a CCJ), then go back to the court and apply for the next step to secure the judgment (a CO) and/or to enforce it (attachment of earnings) so all this is a looong waaaay away! :flypig:

They CAN send someone round to your house without a court order, but that would be just a debt collector or field agent rather than a bailiff, and they have no more right to visit you than your neighbour's dog! :beagle2222: To be able to send a real bailiff round, they would have to obtain judgment in their favour first, then apply to the court for a warrant of execution. :flypig::flypig::flypig:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X