• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Motormile, help and advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Motormile, help and advice needed

First hello and I hope you can help and advise me regarding a nasty letter I have received from Motor Mile Finance following a complaint that I submitted to them on the 1st March, today I received the letter dated 19th March from a Mr Ellershaw - I don't have a scanner to upload the letter but I will do my best anyway here is the first of several paragraphs of the letter: 'In relation to your notification of your revocation of the doorstep licence regarding our intention to send an agent to your home to discuss the debt. I can confirm that we are fully aware of this and we ensure that we are fully comply with the OFT guidance regarding debt collection and visits by agents. You are not correct in your assertion that, under OFT rules we can only call at your home if you agree to make an appointment. The debt is not reasonably disputed or deadlocked and we are giving reasonable notice of the timing of the visit'. well I have no intention of making an appointment with one of your agents so is it against OFT guidelines for them to send out a agent with out an appointment?. here is another paragraph 'We will not disregard any reasonable requests you make as to the timing or method by which we have these discussions. Unless we hear further from you with such a request we therefore give you notice that our agent will be calling at your home address to discuss repayment of the loan' really? and without an appointment? - No I don't think so. now here is the bit that I find to be harassment and verging on the point of demanding money by menaces 'We will continue to pursue you for the outstanding debt and request that you contact us within the next 14 days with your payment proposals before we take further action to recover the debt. If we do not hear from you, we may apply to your local county court to obtain a County Court Judgement (CCJ) for the outstanding debt. The costs associated with this action will be added to the outstanding debt. Once the judgement has been obtained we could ultimately then refer the matter to the court bailiff to attend your property to recover the debt' Now I thought that MMF was going to send a agent around regardless? and now they are giving me 14 days for a proposal of repayment? - Can somebody help or advise me where I stand with this lot?
    Tags: None

Re: Letter from Motormile, help and advice needed

Hi
    I have had exactly the same letter and I took my complaint to their trade association. They upheld part of my complaint and said that they would remind these idiots to be exact. I might be able to post it up later. I am guessing that your letter is almost exactly like mine. They refused to acknowledge that I had a dispute with wage day advance even though I gave the name of the person at the BCCA who was dealing with it, they refused to acknowledge that they can not just turn up on their doorstep and they also said "the forthcoming ccj" which is completely not allowed.

If they do turn up, just tell them to eff off and that you will call the police (don't be rude just assertive)

The rest of the letter is just standard bull****.

To complain it's daniel.spenceley@csa-uk.com

In the end the CSA said that
    Although they believed that MMF were allowed to visit me at home as I had requested written only they would instruct them to do do (climb down 1)
    That the use of forthcoming CCJ was an illustration , they would instruct MMF to be more careful in their choice of words (climb down 2)
    Finally admitted that there was an ongoing complaint but did not admit that one phone call from the **** that is barry ellershaw would have sorted that

I will have to post the letters tomorrow when I can edit them as they have my name and address on them, however I can assure you that the guy is a complete plonker and may not even exist. Apparently the compliance director is a Mr Rob Sands
    Last edited by jon1965; 20th March 2013, 21:32:PM.

Comment

Thanks jon1965, I'm surprised that MMF can be allowed to get away with this sort of thing and even more surprised that they are allowed to still be in business looking at the number of stories people are posting on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post

If they do turn up, just tell them to eff off and that you will call the police (don't be rude just assertive)
        Just love that Jon!msl:

Comment

Markie if you don't mind me asking, what sort of loan is it..a PDL by any chance?
          Are the amounts appropriate of has it got silly?

As my loan was passed back to WDA and cut in half I did not take it to the fos although I should really but I did send it to the OFT section that is responsible for CCL's

Comment

Marky
            I am sorry but I can not get my PDF editor to work and the othe one I have is unreliable but from what you say it is pretty much word for word what they said to me. Try not to worry .
            I would just write back to them reaffirming that all communication must be in writing and if they do try and visit the police will be called and you will consider taking action for trespass.

Comment

Marky
              I am sorry but I can not get my PDF editor to work and the othe one I have is unreliable but from what you say it is pretty much word for word what they said to me. Try not to worry .
              I would just write back to them reaffirming that all communication must be in writing and if they do try and visit the police will be called and you will consider taking action for trespass.
              What are you trying to do with the PDF editor? There may be another way to achieve the same thing… :nerd:

Comment

Does anyone really think the police will do anything about an alleged trespasser doubt they would come out rightaway easier to tell the doorstep visitor to f off

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  Does anyone really think the police will do anything about an alleged trespasser doubt they would come out rightaway easier to tell the doorstep visitor to f off
                  They'll come out fast enough if they hear a bang over the 'phone, and are then told not to come as the trespasser has been shot.

Comment

:lol: That's not rude at all! :laugh:

… you could hand them a copy of this letter, I used to keep some printouts by the door when I used to get such threats, been over a year now! :dance:
                    Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date. Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Squirt some water on the front of the trespasser's trousers, to make it look like he's wet himself.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                        What are you trying to do with the PDF editor? There may be another way to achieve the same thing… :nerd:
                        Just trying to take out my name and address along with reference numbers as not everyone on this site knows my name and address YET

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                        No I do not think they will but it's all about the evidence M'Lud

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        They'll come out fast enough if they hear a bang over the 'phone, and are then told not to come as the trespasser has been shot.

Squirt some water on the front of the trespasser's trousers, to make it look like he's wet himself.
                        Bad cloggy...I can not recommend your first suggestion but your second is brilliant

Comment

These are some of the laughable letters that they sent to me.

I did respond with a few choice ones of my own, helped by someone from another forum which was greatly appreciated.

Of course please remember that I have nothing to lose, they can do what they want to me, no money no job no assets just peace of mind (sometimes)

I will work out how to do it...come on FP give us a clue
                          Last edited by jon1965; 22nd March 2013, 00:08:AM.

Comment

If i xcroll the doc i can see your full name and address so can others?

Comment

These are some of the laughable letters that they sent to me.

I did respond with a few choice ones of my own, helped by someone from another forum which was greatly appreciated.
                              :yo:
                              Of course please remember that I have nothing to lose, they can do what they want to me, no money no job no assets just peace of mind (sometimes)
                              This is the the most important of all!
                              I will work out how to do it...come on FP give us a clue
                              I would if I knew what software you are using, I use Photoshop, but most photo editors have similar features, such as a brush tool you can use to cover up bits of an image with black, white, or any colour of your choice. :nerd:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X