• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ&Wescott SpV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ&Wescott SpV

Hi everyone,
    Wanted some advice on the following, a week before Christmas last year, I received a Warrant of entry from the bailiffs in respect of a company called Westcot SPV.

I have had no contact with this company nor do I know what they do, I have submitted a N244 form and now have a court date for March, however, when I contacted the courts (Northampton and Aldershot) neither of them have any documents referring to this case, and there in nothing on my credit file either.

Can this Westcot, get a Warrant for the bailiffs without first submitting any paperwork to the court or to me?

Thanks
    Rob
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ&Wescott SpV

What have you submitted the N244 for? Which Bailiffs contacted you? Have you checked your Credit History to see if you have a CCJ?

Comment

Wescot are debt collectors and purchasers -> http://www.wescot.co.uk/servicestobusiness.html

Before bailiffs can get involved, they would have to obtain a CCJ against you. You can check the court records here -> http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself/

Have you moved recently? Sometimes court papers are served to an old address and when the defendant fails to respond, the claimant obtains default judgment.

Comment

Hi, thanks for both replies.

I have only received the warrant from the Bailiffs at Aldershot County Court, I have not received any information prior to this, and it seems nor has the court, (I have spoken to Northampton County Court), it seems that the application was made on line back in September 2012. There is nothing anything on my credit file as of last week. The N244 was submitted in order to have the warrant set aside. I have been living at this address for the past 8 years, and not have had any debt or HP in the last 10-12 years.

Comment

Have you spoken to the Bailiffs Office at Aldershot - which I assume is your local Court? Incidentally to Suspend a Warrant you use Form N245. When checking your Credit File did you also check Registry Trust Online?

From what you say it appears that they may have obtained a CCJ by Default, you may have to write and ask them for further details.

Comment

I didn't check the registry trust no. The bailiffs at Aldershot were no real help, as they have no information on the case, and just said to submit a form to set the case aside.

On the warrant there is no ref number or contact details, just the name, so don't even know who to speak to at Westcot, and after talking to a solicitor, was advised not too.

Comment

Just checked the registry trust on line, and there is nothing on there either

Comment

The OP states the bailiffs know nothing about the warrant why if a legal docunent is issued it must surely be traceable or anyone could print one off and use it something wrong here??

Comment

Originally posted by Geordierob View Post
                  Westcot SPV.
                  They seem to have omitted the "I", as they are indubitably spivs.

Comment

It might be better if you can scan & upload the documents you have received - take all personal identifiers out. That way we may be able to say if this is an elaborate hoax from Westcot designed to make you panic and/or pay. It would be difficult to say more without sight of them.

Comment

As a separate though - how have you submitted an N244 if you do not have a case No to quote?

Comment

There is nothing for the bailiffs to print off, there is no case notes on file prior to me calling the courts office to find out what was going on, the only information is that this case was started in September last year and done on line, that is all the information there is.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll upload the warrant at work.

I was informed by the court to file the N244 to put a stop on the warrant.

Comment

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll upload the warrant at work.
                          I'll look forward to seeing it because, whatever it might be, it should not be a warrant of entry.

Comment

I was informed by the court to file the N244 to put a stop on the warrant.
                            They have given you duff information as that is the wrong form + you will need the Claim Number.

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys, have had issues with scanner, but hopefully now the doc should be on here aw:
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X