• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set Aside Telephone Hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Set Aside Telephone Hearing

Ok well i would suggest firstly contact Brian Carter Solicitors and ask them a simple question.

In light of the correspondence from Lowells telling you they have told Carters to close their file, are they still instructed to act in this matter?

If yes, then ask them to confirm why they have not replied to your correspondence and tell them if they do not reply youre going to apply

if they arent instructed then you need to ask Lowells why they are suing you, why they have not served notice of change of solicitor on you, and if they intend to discontinue the claim or fight on as you plan to make an application but if they abandon it then it will save you costs.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Just to add

I think you need to get to the bottom of who is controlling this litigation. It may be the solicitors have withdrawn but forgot to formally tell you. If that happened then it would be a headache and i would want to know urgently what the deal was.

Once you know who is running the claim, then you know who to attack with regards to the application too
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they had not told me, but the court has been contacting them also.
        Why would they of not told them?
        Would Lowell of been notified automatically of the ccj being set aside or would this also be up to BC?
        The paper work I have from the court with the order of the set aside was to have a defence in by the 11th July. And the claimant to pay £80 by august 24ish(paper work is at home) if not the hearing set for September will be removed.
        So if BC is ignoring and Lowell are not interested then I assume it won't get paid and the hearing won't go ahead?

Comment

today I finally get a letter from BC

a notice of Discontinuance
          Attached Files

Comment

CPR rule 27.14(2)(d) - costs for unreasonable behaviour.

Pursuing a claim which is speculative & unsupportable.
            Afzal & Others v Ford Motor Company Ltd CA [1994] 4 All ER 720
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by matmidgley View Post
              today I finally get a letter from BC

a notice of Discontinuance

excellent news!

:-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X