• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set Aside Telephone Hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Set Aside Telephone Hearing

thanks,
    I never received a claim pack so when submitting a defence/holding defence is this done via a certain form or is it just typed up and sent to the court and claimant?
    I have sent the CPR this morning first class recorded so the 7 days they have should be 02/07/13 or the 04/07 if its 7 working days, assuming they receive it tomorrow 25/06. as the defence has to be in by the 11th I should wait until I receive the docs from BC before sending a defence/holding, or should I be sending a holding defence asap?

Comment

I'd say straight away, you just need to type it up, 3 copies to the court

Comment

And despite my earlier comment, do not seek an Order quid irrumabo msl:

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
          I'd say straight away, you just need to type it up, 3 copies to the court
          Is there a template I could use?
          Sorry for all the questions but have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

IN THE X COUNTY COURT

CLAIM NUMBER X

MR MAT MIDGLEY

V

LOWELL FINANCIAL LTD

STATEMENT OF DEFENCE

1) The Defendant states that as the Claimant has previously confirmed in writing (see attached copy at Annex A) that the alleged debt is statute barred, he believes that the Defendant's claim should be struck out as having no chance of success and therfore a waste of court time.

Should the court allow the claim to continue:

2) The Defendant is embarassed that he is currently unable to submit a full defence due to the fact the Claimant has thus far failed to provide:

i) A true copy of the original credit agreement

ii) A copy of the Default notice served under Section 87 Consumer Credit Act 1974 upon the Claimant that would be required prior to this court action

iii) Statement data for the full duration of the account showing clearly how the alleged balance as claimed has been arrived at

iv) A copy of the assignment documentation from the original creditor that shows the Claimant has the required legal authority to make the claim

The Claimant has made a request to the Defendant under CPR rules for disclosure and would therefore respectfully request that the court allow further time for the Claimant to receive the requested documentation prior to filing a fully detailed Defence.

I believe the facts stated in this statement of defence dated (DATE) are true to the best of my belief and knowledge

(Sign)

MR MATT MIDGLEY
            (DEFENDANT)

Comment

Thanks ncf355 very appreciated. I'll get this typed tonight and sent asap

Comment

he believes that the Defendant's claim should be struck out as having no chance of success and therfore a waste of court time.

should this be the Claimants claim, or am I reading it wrong?
                thanks again for typing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by matmidgley View Post
                  should this be the Claimants claim, or am I reading it wrong?
                  thanks again for typing it out.
                  whoops, quite correct!

Comment

Thanks ncf355 very appreciated. I'll get this typed tonight and sent asap
                    Don't forget the copy of the letter they sent re Statute Barred, and I'd also attach a copy of the CPR request you sent to them

I'm hoping that by placing the comment regard the statute barred letter in the Defence you can circumvent the need for a separate application that would cost you

Comment

Yeah looks and sounds good to me. Do you think its also worth mentioning that in the letter it says I owe £0 and the account is closed?

Comment

Yeah looks and sounds good to me. Do you think its also worth mentioning that in the letter it says I owe £0 and the account is closed?
                        Certainly cant hurt

:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Thanks let's hope it does the trick

Comment

no CPR from BC yet, they received it on the 26th so 7 days will be 2moro,
                            if they dont comply whats next?

Comment

Well,

if you have received no response by Thursday, send them a reminder via recorded post

Have you called the court to check they have received your defence?

Worth calling and asking what action the judge has taken re your defence as you asked for the Claimants claim to be struck out, and if it's not being struck out to inform them you still haven't received CPR documents from the Defendant to substantiate their claim

(obviously leave this until Friday to show you are allowing them fair opportunity)

Comment

Well,

if you have received no response by Thursday, send them a reminder via recorded post

Have you called the court to check they have received your defence?

Worth calling and asking what action the judge has taken re your defence as you asked for the Claimants claim to be struck out, and if it's not being struck out to inform them you still haven't received CPR documents from the Defendant to substantiate their claim

(obviously leave this until Friday to show you are allowing them fair opportunity)
                                OK thanks

I sent the defence recorded to the court , but will phone and check on friday and mention the other stuff. I had an address change also so will make sure they have updated the records.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X