• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card now with DLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card now with DLC

Hi Jax

Compliance with a CCA license is not an opt in / opt out provision for any financial business. They cannot ignore you if they intend to use the act to chase you. Your decision, and no doubt others will disagree, but i would write again reminding them of their obligations under the license granted to them (include their license number if you like) and state that, until such time as they are compliant with their obligations (also include OFT guidlines) that you shall not be responding to any more correspondance. If they can ignore you, you are within your rights to ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
      As far as I am aware if they have not provided you with the C.C.A agreement then I don't think they can enforce.
      They might consider they have thrown the ball back into my court..although they have no proof I have received the letter and the returned CCA request...so I think I'll just carry on to the final CCA letter, confirm the dispute and leave it there. maybe I'll get them into tacit agreement too

Comment

Right, update...had a reply eventually to my CCA requests from DCA...they sent a photocopy of an application form from Dec 2002, and like a summary page which says is an agreement between Sainsbury's and the DLC to buy accounts ?? they say they can't produce anything else due to confidential info but would in court, and this copy shows that we (the DLC) have an agreement with Sainsbury's. and your account was one of those we bought....... The application form they sent is mainly illegible but they are saying this is the agreement ?

I've written back saying it's illegible and they have replied saying they are asking the OC for a better copy. No T&Cs were present either..I'm awaiting a reply ...

I've also received a letter which is a 'recreation' of the deed of assignment, dated 31st December 2009...(sent to old address) looks like an absolute assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by jax50 View Post
          Right, update...had a reply eventually to my CCA requests from DCA...they sent a photocopy of an application form from Dec 2002, and like a summary page which says is an agreement between Sainsbury's and the DLC to buy accounts ?? they say they can't produce anything else due to confidential info but would in court, and this copy shows that we (the DLC) have an agreement with Sainsbury's. and your account was one of those we bought....... The application form they sent is mainly illegible but they are saying this is the agreement ?

I've written back saying it's illegible and they have replied saying they are asking the OC for a better copy. No T&Cs were present either..I'm awaiting a reply ...

I've also received a letter which is a 'recreation' of the deed of assignment, dated 31st December 2009...(sent to old address) looks like an absolute assignment.
          You could send them a CPUTR 2008 request,they don't have to respond to this,but if and i mean (BIG IF) they did go to court then the DJ would not be happy with them.This has already been mentioned post 13 Bill K.
          Last edited by Streetwise; 23rd November 2012, 08:25:AM.

Comment

Thanks Streetwise..That is an idea, but as I'm not in a particular hurry to move this along, I'm going to wait for the next version of their agreement and see if that ticks all the boxes to comply with s78. The only thing I'm unsure of is as this is a 2002 account, whether the 'agreement' should have both parties' signatures on it...and whether it should refer anywhere to any PT's and the T&Cs' that may be enclosed, attached or generally be mentioned as 'with' the agreement ?

Comment

Thanks Streetwise..That is an idea, but as I'm not in a particular hurry to move this along, I'm going to wait for the next version of their agreement and see if that ticks all the boxes to comply with s78. The only thing I'm unsure of is as this is a 2002 account, whether the 'agreement' should have both parties' signatures on it...and whether it should refer anywhere to any PT's and the T&Cs' that may be enclosed, attached or generally be mentioned as 'with' the agreement ?
              I got slapped down on the site as I tried to use the argument of two signatures and i am afraid they are right P.T.and DavyB challenged what i thought was right, and i was clearly WRONG.

I think you are right to wait to see what they send next,if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
                I got slapped down on the site as I tried to use the argument of two signatures and i am afraid they are right P.T.and DavyB challenged what i thought was right, and i was clearly WRONG.

I think you are right to wait to see what they send next,if anything.
                Ha ha...I know what you mean because I suppose we, well at least I, am looking for definitive or hard and fast 'rules' that exist, whereas I guess the reality is that it's the all round circumstances that seem to weigh more with a Judge than maybe a bit missing here or there. I do understand what the others are saying so I don't know why I keep asking this question really ? We see examples where a case can be won because the T&Cs' are proven not to be from the 'original agreement', then we see cases lost on what is called 'de minimis'.... I think what 'they' are saying is it is what you can recall about about you had at the time...did you have the T&C's for example when you signed whatever you signed...Maybe more cases will give us a 'pattern' of what seems to be happening ? As you said though, rather than anticipating events, I'll see what I get when and if I get it and ask from there...

Comment

Ha ha...I know what you mean because I suppose we, well at least I, am looking for definitive or hard and fast 'rules' that exist, whereas I guess the reality is that it's the all round circumstances that seem to weigh more with a Judge than maybe a bit missing here or there. I do understand what the others are saying so I don't know why I keep asking this question really ? We see examples where a case can be won because the T&Cs' are proven not to be from the 'original agreement', then we see cases lost on what is called 'de minimis'.... I think what 'they' are saying is it is what you can recall about about you had at the time...did you have the T&C's for example when you signed whatever you signed...Maybe more cases will give us a 'pattern' of what seems to be happening ? As you said though, rather than anticipating events, I'll see what I get when and if I get it and ask from there...
                  I was challenging an agreement as an Executor of an estate and there was no signature for the credit card company,they only supplied me with an application form that was reconstructed,the alleged agreement was from 2002.:beagle:

Comment

yeah, I got the same from Sainsbury's...wonder if they are the same ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X