• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance- secured loan issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance- secured loan issues

Hi All, Since my SAR request i have got so many letters from them..all statments i have received more in the last few weeks than the whole finance period! also i just received a letter saying they need me to varify my identity, I was just about to email them my driving licence and counterpart but should i cover my signature first??...

Comment

If they are happy to chase you for money at your address then they don't need proof of identity.

When worried about sending signatures, another option is to sign the letter but rule a line through it so it can't be easily scanned.

Go through the statements carefully and check for all charges added on that do not form part of the agreement.

Comment

perfect, Great advice, I held off sending the email iv just copied again and took your advice. thanks

Comment

Hi, very new to this and not sure if I'm doing it right!!!! Lol

i have been having problems with welcome since 2000! Original loan was rewritten against my property and jumped up by £2500 apparently interest from late payments, anyway I have asked them for a settlement figure, last week I was told £6200 this week I have been told £6586 which is apparently what I owe them?? I have offered £5900 to settle and they have refused saying that they no longer accept settlement figures and I have to pay £6586, but when I queried that my credit file balance last week stated a balance of £6200 they didn't no why!

I pay every month £30 more than I should do but that makes no difference!

does any one know if they can refuse a sensible settlement figure please

Comment

:bump: for last poster please
            Last edited by labman; 14th June 2013, 19:37:PM.
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

They can refuse anything less than full payment. Of more concern to me is the difference in the balances - why does your CRF say one thing and they claim another.

Having said they can refuse a sensible settlement, I am very surprised they have, and also find it hard to believe this is a company policy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X