• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance- secured loan issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance- secured loan issues

They are too confusing, I have all the letters sent and received in order in a file and it's still confusing. I have the threats of visits which did happen (police matter) and the threats of court which didn't.

The arrogance of these people is amazing, it has now turned into undisguisable hatred from them and I feel that we are dealing with some type of organised crime outfit. I am also annoyed that I begged Mr S not to get involved with these people and I am having to suffer the consequences. However, that can be turned round because it is not my loan but this is my house too so good luck on that one Welscum, I wouldn't be going anywhere, just call in the press on it. However, I think we know without a doubt that their right to anyone's property is about as real as me saying I'm married to Sir Lord Alan I'm Fired Sugar.

Comment

I was informed back in 09/10 that welcome had gone bust as all their local offices suddenly closed overnight literally.
      Know it's not relevant to personal loans but i had a car loans with them in 04 for 5k over 4yrs. After 3.5yrs never missed payments i lost my job & asked them to take the car back which they did. 2 agents came round with a final demand for 2k which after discussion it was decided that i had paid more than enough & the final demand was cancelled in writing.
      This morning 27/9/12 I recieved a letter from a debt collector demanding 2k instantly.
      I would be interested to know if welcome are actually bust & how they can try & claim money after 4yrs

Comment

i will lay even money the debt collectors are mkrr

do you still have that letter about the loan being cancelled

Comment

having done a search on companies house website using the company number welcome finance are still active but with a completely different address. the original address i have was in nottingham. the new one is in york. there are 2 companies listed with the same name. 1 is listed as being dissolved. looks like it did go bust & restarted again. unfortunately that is as much as i can find out without paying for it

Comment

if this is for me unfortunately that is the only piece of information i dont have. is mkrr significant

Comment

Last edited by jsumner; 28th September 2012, 23:22:PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yes it is - they're a debt collector. Also, for the record, Welcome do still have offices in Nottingham,not sure if it's the main one or not now, as I took a call from them on behalf of someone else just yesterday.

Comment

welcome do have an office in nottingham which is their compliance

all post now goes to their parent company cattles in batley yorkshire

Comment

I have been spammed with call from this compnay. I do have a loan with Welcome but I have never defaulted on it and it finishes on the 14th December 2012. I called Welcome and they assure me the loan is still with them and has not been sold to MKRR. They keep saying they are looking for a Sandy Smith. I think this is a generic name they say. They were very cagey about letting me know who they are and refused at first to give me there name. Do they deal with other compnaies or is it just Welcome?

Comment

Hi, this is my first time on one of these forums so apologies if this is not where I ask my question! However I have been reading all these threads on welcome finance and wonder if anyone can advise where I stand on having a secured loan with them. My mortgage lender has advised that I do not have a second charge on the mortgage and they have no record of welcome applying as a second lender? Does this still mean that the loan is secured on m property?

Comment

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong thread to be posting on but I am looking for some advice re Welcome Finance.
                            I took a £3000 loan out in April of 2008, shortly after I took Ill and had to give up work completely. I continued to make payments for about a year and then my health got worse and I ended up in arrears. I had a couple of visits from someone in the local office but after a swift letter about trespassing laws these stopped, they also stopped the phone calls and the letters (weird??).
                            I started working at the end 2010 and started to re-pay my loan.
                            I received a copy of my credit file in mid 2011 and I noticed the entries from Welcome and that my loan seemed to be back to the total loan amount (like they'd completely removed all of my payments). Since then it's been an on-going saga.
                            I wrote to them asking for a signed copy of my agreement and all of the necessary paper work to go along with it, this was ignored, I continued to write to them (by registered mail and email) and again no response.

I stopped making the payments in June of 2011 (but continued to save my monthly repayment) and I still heard nothing. One day out of the blue (this year) I get a letter from the FSA telling me about a PPI policy, I submitted my forms and within 6 weeks I was awarded just under £3000 which was credited to my welcome account (still no contact from Welcome). Since then I've submitted an SDAR as well as written complaints to the FSA and I've still heard nothing.

Welcome haven't defaulted my loan and on my credit file it's showing as a "6", with a balance of £6.5k. Where do I go from here?
                            I've done everything I can think off but I'm not getting anywhere, despite the FSA awarding me a PPI claim it hasn't been updated on my credit file and would seem that Welcome haven't acknowledged any of my payments, the original figure has never decreased, only increased!

Comment

Irkdale - I am in exactly the same situation as you! My calculated guess and from the research I have done, ours loans are NOT secured.

Comment

Had a responce from them still no signed agreement for the alleged loan.
                                They say I should have sent the CCA fee to them but at the time a firm called Incasso LLP were acting for them, they also say I am to contact Mackenzie Hall, but in the same post was a letter from them saying they were still investigating!
                                It will be four years at the end of this month since I paid them anything , if, as they say this is a valid agreement, why have they not taken it higher?
                                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X