• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt in serious dispute sold on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt in serious dispute sold on

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    darn good point there Winner! Will it be SB though if DiB continues to communicate with Arrow? Don't know - maybe someone else can clarify that?
    I have remained in touch, because they have made such a mess of things without the need to wait for SB. For example, on another Egg account, Egg went to the County Court when they knew I was abroad. Once I knew, I got the court to set aside the judgement, so it then became a disputed account. Egg sold it outright to CapQuest, who then had to close the account and the money, ten thousand pounds, was written off.

Likewise, I disputed the PPI on my Egg credit card. Egg fought tooth and nail to find reasons not to refund. They eventually shot themselves in the foot when they send me a recording of the original sales conversation in which I could be heard clearly explaining that I worked and lived abroad and the sales person decided to rush the PPI through for me so that I would be covered! Therefore, they were forced to refund the PPI which effectively paid off the card.

So this third and final account, they have sold outright to Arrow, who cannot collect because it is a disputed account.

This is far better than risking waiting for SB, where they can cheat by crediting accounts one pounds to start the clock again, among other dirty tricks.

All it has cost me is the odd carefully worded email here and there, which has included complaints to the FOS, OFT, TS, local MPs , etc. The cost of administration to Egg et al must be huge in addition that they have not collected anything.

It all started because of Egg's own stupid fault. The accounts were all originally paid regularly and fully, but as I made good use of their interest free offers, I was deemed an unprofitable customer and was in the first batch of people back in 2005, when City group took over, to have the credit card account suspended.

It caused me a real problem at the time as I had just paid five thousand pounds off my Egg card, after which someone called from Egg and then said that card would have to be suspended. That's when I reduced payments to Egg and decided to default on the three accounts.

My strategy has paid off handsomely. If they had played fair and not shut my credit card down, they would still be getting paid in full by me.
    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

good for you mate. egg have been bloddy awful to me as well. they are a wretched company.

Comment

Well, after a 5 month wait since my last contact with Shoosmiths, I have received a 'copy' of a CCA.

I only have their word that Arrow purchased the debt in absolute as I can't find any letter from Arrow (may have binned it in a rage).

What should be my plan of action now to try and buy some time to sort my finances out?

TIA

Comment

have you sent a SAR to Arrow?

Comment

have you sent a SAR to Arrow?
            I have no idea what a SAR is, sorry. Is there a template here somewhere?

Comment

Yes, there is

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
                Yes, there is
                Would someone point me in the right direction for this SAR template please?

Comment

Originally posted by dadmeister View Post
                  Would someone point me in the right direction for this SAR template please?
                  http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=14196

Comment

good for you mate. egg have been bloddy awful to me as well. they are a wretched company.
                    Wow, I couldn't make this up! If you see my thread above, Arrow/Britannica wrote.to my old UK address claiming that an alleged Egg.loan debt had been assigned to them.

I then pointed put to.them that I live in Taiwan and the UK address was out of date by a number of years, and also there.was.a prior dispute with the OC.

They then tried to say that they were onlybacting on behalf of Egg, whereas their correspondence was clearly a full absolute assignment.

Having written to me at the old address, on their letter h un eaded paper, they now say that they do not have a UK Ddress for me on the account

What a bunch of lying, coniving cheats! Anyone at Arrow/Britsnnica who wants to sue me for slander, please PM me for my address in Taiwan. See you in court.
                    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

LMAO. Good one mate.

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                        Same happened to me with CapQuest. I told them to go.forth and.multiply, due to prior didpute with ICQ. They were stuck with the debt as they had "purchased" it, so.they had to.write it off.
                        So, given that Arrow used my old UK address, given to them by Egg, who know.that I live in Taiwan, and.given that there was a prior.dispute with Egg, meaning the alleged debt should not have been sold.on, and.given that Arrow hold data.on me, I have reported them to:
                        The fraud office for using false information about me.
                        The local MP.
                        The FOS.
                        TS.
                        The BOS.
                        The ICO.

I wonder what their legal will be?
                        Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

well as they did EXACTLY the same to me, maybe i should too mate!

Comment

darn good point there Winner! Will it be SB though if DiB continues to communicate with Arrow? Don't know - maybe someone else can clarify that?

It is my understanding that only a payment or an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that you owe that debt can reset the SB clock.

Just be careful when communicating.

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
                              You may get a letter saying we wont be pursuing then its sold again and round and round the DCA roundabout you go
                              Yep, I now an email apologizing, saying they bought the debt as an absolute assignment in good faith, not knowing there wasva prior dispute with the OC. However, I have the assignment document, but they say they have closed the account and returned it to Egg. Is this possible? I thought an absolute assignment was irreversible?
                              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                                Why can Arrow sell it back to.Egg if it was absolute? It looks like Egg shafted Arrow.by selling an uncollectible debt. Due to a serious prior dispute.
                                So is it possible for an Absolute Assignment to be returned to the OC? This is what Arrow/Wescott.claimed.

They got frightened when I reported them in cahoots with Egg for knowingly writing to an old address in the UK when in fact I live in Taiwan. I told the fraud office! That's when Arrow got frightened!

To clarify, can an Absolute Assignment be returned to the OC?
                                Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X