• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Egg Mis-sold me a Top-Up Loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg Mis-sold me a Top-Up Loan

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    methinks they are still trying to play 'hardboil'.
    LOL - Love it !!!!

Outside of my box, really, but I think they run the risk of FOS fining them. I think the next move would then be to apply for enforcement of the FOS adjudication through the courts. That may seem daunting, but I would be VERY surprised if they let it get that far, because they would have virtually NO defence as far as I can see. I reckon they expect a large number of claimants to drop out at that stage, as the thought of court action is scary for many peeps. Hold your ground and don't blink, mate.

Comment

groan, i've been delaying going to court but see its probbaly inevitable! best get it over 'n' done with aren't i? that way it becomes familiar and less scary!

love the patriotic gorilla pic btw. how do I drape the picture of the death star with a union flag for the big day?

Comment

To date, I've not had to set foot in a Small Claims court, but have had to be ready and prepared to do so. What daunts many people is the vision of a huge oak-panelled courtroom, with gowned and bewigged judges bellowing down at us from on high. A Small Claim hearing - if it does actually take place - is usually held in a small side room, and is much less formal. Often just the two parties and the Judge meeting over a desk, I believe. BUT - we have to show the other party that we are prepared to 'go up the steps.'

I'm not sure how to go about draping the Debt Star with a Union flag - I'm not that hot on piccie editing. I googled a couple of images and saved them. Then used MS Paint to re-size them and copy them onto my original full-size gorilla pic. Maybe planting a flag and a London bus somewhere on the surface - to make it look as though a British 'Apollo' mission had landed - might work ?

Comment

By way of an update on this, I have now heard from the Adjudicator at the FOS.

He has ordered Egg to pay £200 compo and to recalculate the PPI compensation. He has asked that Arrow then re-schedule the balance of the loan.

So a good result but it has taken 18 months to get to the full adjudication letter.

Egg of course may take somewhat longer to implement the adjudication...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X