• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with Graham White Solicitors.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Graham White Solicitors.

I recently received a letter from a company called Graham White Solicitors.

The reasons for why and how I got this letter are trivial at best lol so i'll get right to the point.

The letter tells me:
    "You were written to by our client Roxburghe (UK) Ltd on behalf of EXCEL PARKING SERVICES requesting the settlement of a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE. Due to the absence of payment, or a vaild appeal, our client has instructed us to proceed to legal action to recover the amount due.

Therefore, it is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the county court. This letter fulfils this requirement"

It then goes on to list the costs associated with going to court and gives the usual threats about having my credit rating screwed up because it will have a black mark against it etc.

The first thing I did was to phone the company to offer to make payment. I explained to them that I already have an IVA and the money they are demanding I simply cant pull out of the air, and I offered a trivial payment of £5 a month, because in my current situation I really cant afford a lot more than that. They refused and said they will only take the payment in 3 installments. This is also too much for me, and they are refusing to budge on the matter.

They said they would like to see one of my bank statements and a copy of my IVA as proof of my incomings and outgoings.

This strikes me as a little odd because I really don't see why I should have to provide them with anything. I understood that as long as i'm not actively refusing to pay them anything that they would have to take my offer.

Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions as to what I can do next?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Problems with Graham White Solicitors.

Look here, Parking Fine - Civil Enforcement - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

and here, Judge quashes £300 parking fine...because it set out to ‘frighten and intimidate’ driver | Mail Online for details of Excel Parking.

Do not telephone them again, do not send them any private details at all and finally, do not pay them any money.

Comment

That seems to be what i've read in several places.

One detail I should add though.

Im currently employed by the NHS and as such have a permit to park issued by EXCEL. Does this mean i'm subject to contract law? and will therefore have to pay them?

Comment

Not unless you consented to be a party to the contract yourself, which presumbaly you have not. In addition, if you have a permit, I suspect that you were issued a ticket due to a breach of the conditions of that permit. Therefore, under contract, the most Excel could claim for breach as liquidated damages is the most they could actually 'lose' through the breach - e.g. if a car park was open from 9 - 5 and you failed to display a ticket, or breached the terms of your permit, the maximum that they could have 'lost' is the cost of 8 hours parking.

Comment

Ok thanks very much

Comment

You're welcome.

Are you clear on what to do now?

Do not pay them, do not contact them and if they write or call, come back here for more advice.

Comment

I second the above advice. We got three letters from Graham White threatening all kinds of action and ignored the lot. It seems talking to them just makes it worse. They went away after three letters, no court issue no nothing - even checked the credit reports for good measure and they are not on there.. The gist is that they dont want these cases to get to court incase the ruling goes against them in that parking charges are unfair. Often they will rotate the 'threatograms' around various different companies. Ignore ignore ignore.

For anyone interested in the scam process and what the letters will contain, its similar to http://www.violetmount.com/scam.jpg
              Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X