• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Provident screwed up!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provident screwed up!!

As above, i recently took a loan out for £400, on 10th april to be precise.
    I paid back the weekly £14 on time every time, and settled with a balance of £588 for £356.40.

My payments were as follows:

16/4/10 £14
    23/4/10 £14
    4/5/10 £42
    24/5/10 £14
    28/5/10 £56

The last payment is not on the book but i have a seperate form (woman in office was reluctant to supply a copy but did eventually) detailing 356.40 paid to settle on 4/6/10

Notice there initial cock up, i paid 6 days after getting the loan, and actually made every payment into there office!

Can I do anything about this cock up with a view to getting a refund of interest maybe? the main reason im posting is i found this on my experian report...

Company name: PROVIDENT FINANCIAL
    Account type: Home Credit Started: 10/04/2010
    Current Balance: £588
    Repayment Period:
    Monthly Payment: £60 over 13 months
    File Updated for the Period to: 20/06/2010

Surely they should have given them the account settled info?

Also my CCA says 52x £14 payments, NOT £60 monthly...

Any thoughts on this? I do have all paperwork, i made it quite clear from the start i was not going to be stitched up!!!

By the way, the home visit on the friday at 4pm, the cash next day at 10 am... i make that 6 hours short of the time needed to pay out on a first cust home loan... i cant prove this though

Re: Provident screwed up!!

They should have updated your credit reports and you can ask them to do this. A refund in interest was given in the calculation of the last payment.

Comment

Just lodged a telephone complaint... gives me time to write a stinking letter :P

Comment

probably a better choice is: call them and then send a formal letter, ask them to correct it. in most cases, the letter is a better evidence.

Comment

Update:

I have received aknowlegement of my complaint to be answered within 4 weeks, and experian have made them correct my file. However provident 'asked them to amend it as a goodwill gesture' in another letter and did not aknowledge any other mistakes.

When i rang the guy who dealt with this he seemed to think that the 24 hours between first visit and getting a loan, and also paying before my cooling off period was ok and he did nothing wrong...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X