• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need some advice please.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice please.....

Hi all, long story short got into financial difficulty about 10 years ago and have been paying for it ever since. My last debt is with a company called Link financial, i have been repaying a debt (mostly interest) for the last 10 years and got a statement from them at the end of November which is gobbly gook. So i phoned and asked for a breakdown in what i still owe, which they didnt answer as settlement figures are dealt with elsewhere. I then said i would be sending in a pound for a breakdown of my account and would then take that to a solicitor to make sure everything was in accordance with the ccj awarded against me. On the 14th December recieved settlement letter from Link Financial saying that the account held with them has been settled. Then on 21st December recieved letter saying that account is now in arrears. So i broke the rule and phoned them asking what is going on. After a while it appears that on their old system the account has been settled but on there new system the debt is in its thousands. So i got a non po box address of off them and i will send by recorded mail a one pound postal order for a copy of my account. The bloke i spoke to said he would get his manager to call and explain to me what has happened, I declined and told him to put in my notes that all correspondance are to be in writing only. Wonder if they will phone!
    The thing i would like to know is can they now demand money from me on an account that i have recieved a settled in full letter from. EJP

Re: Need some advice please.....

There's only ONE way to deal with a DCA and it's all detailed here: ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles

Comment

Hiya

Well firstly I'd tell you not to break the golden rule again and do not under any circumstances talk to them on the phone.
      Next I'd write them another very strongly worded letter and demand a full breakdown of all transactions, if you'd like to start a letter one or more of us will pop along and add/delete/adjust it for you. I'd also attach a copy of the letter that states the account is paid in full too. But please can you scan it on here first (removing personal details for security) so that we can check it out first for you.
      If all fails then you could send a DPA request but that will cost you a tenner, so its worth trying the other letter first.

And of course you can read Curly's excellent guide as he provides above.

Comment

& where does the money go?

Squeeze is good for Paul Burdell - Times Online
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21439119/
        Last edited by charitynjw; 29th December 2009, 20:18:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X