• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

whosaymannodey v ABA / A&L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whosaymannodey v ABA / A&L

hi everyone, am new to this system.can anybody help me or direct me what i have to do now ABA DEBT COLLECTORS?
    firstly,i have default charges over £1500 from A&L.THEY REFER ME TO DEBT COLLECTORS A FEW MONTHS AGO.

THE DEBT COLLECTORS HAVE SENT ME THE AMOUNT I NEED TO PAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,WITH A TREAT!!!!!!

I REPLIED THEM THAT I DONT NO OF ANY DEBT TO THEIR COMPANY(ROCKWELL).

I REQUESTED CCA WITH A CHEQUE OF £1 ON THE 1/5/09

THE REPLY I HAD FROM THEM 9/6/09 WITH A RETURN POSTAL ORDER SAYING, THEY APOLOGISE FOR THE DELAY IN GETTING BAC.

BELOW IS THE CONTENT OF THE LETTER THEY SENT.

WE CONFIRM , THE ACCOUNT RELATES SPECIFICALLY TO A CURRENT A/C & AS SUCH IS NOT REGULATED UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974.,
    SO THERE IS NO WRITTEN AGGREMENT TO PROVIDE ME.SO THEY REQUIRE ME FOR MY FIRM PROPOSAL FOR REPAYMENT.THATS ALL THEY SAID WITH NO SIGNATURE AT THE BOTTOM OF LETTER.
    I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF ANYBODY WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THIS SORT OF PROBLEM WOULD HELP ME DEAL WITH THEM.THANKS
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    hi everyone, am new to this system.can anybody help me or direct me what i have to do now ABA DEBT COLLECTORS?. firstly,i have default charges over £1500 from A&L.THEY REFER ME TO DEBT COLLECTORS A FEW MONTHS AGO.THE DEBT COLLECTORS HAVE SENT ME THE AMOUNT I NEED TO PAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,WITH A TREAT!!!!!!I REPLIED THEM THAT I DONT NO OF ANY DEBT TO THEIR COMPANY(ROCKWELL).I REQUESTED CCA WITH A CHEQUE OF £1 ON THE 1/5/09THE REPLY I HAD FROM THEM 9/6/09 WITH A RETURN POSTAL ORDER SAYING, THEY APOLOGISE FOR THE DELAY IN GETTING BAC.BELOW IS THE CONTENT OF THE LETTER THEY SENT.WE CONFIRM , THE ACCOUNT RELATES SPECIFICALLY TO A CURRENT A/C & AS SUCH IS NOT REGULATED UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974.,SO THERE IS NO WRITTEN AGGREMENT TO PROVIDE ME.SO THEY REQUIRE ME FOR MY FIRM PROPOSAL FOR REPAYMENT.THATS ALL THEY SAID WITH NO SIGNATURE AT THE BOTTOM OF LETTER.I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF ANYBODY WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THIS SORT OF PROBLEM WOULD HELP
    Last edited by whosaymannodey; 15th June 2009, 21:13:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: No CCA but threatening legal action - what next?

hi everyone, am new to this system.can anybody help me or direct me what i have to do now ABA DEBT COLLECTORS?
    firstly,i have default charges over £1500 from A&L.THEY REFER ME TO DEBT COLLECTORS A FEW MONTHS AGO.

THE DEBT COLLECTORS HAVE SENT ME THE AMOUNT I NEED TO PAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,WITH A TREAT!!!!!!

I REPLIED THEM THAT I DONT NO OF ANY DEBT TO THEIR COMPANY(ROCKWELL).

I REQUESTED CCA WITH A CHEQUE OF £1 ON THE 1/5/09

THE REPLY I HAD FROM THEM 9/6/09 WITH A RETURN POSTAL ORDER SAYING, THEY APOLOGISE FOR THE DELAY IN GETTING BAC.

BELOW IS THE CONTENT OF THE LETTER THEY SENT.

WE CONFIRM , THE ACCOUNT RELATES SPECIFICALLY TO A CURRENT A/C & AS SUCH IS NOT REGULATED UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974.,
    SO THERE IS NO WRITTEN AGGREMENT TO PROVIDE ME.SO THEY REQUIRE ME FOR MY FIRM PROPOSAL FOR REPAYMENT.THATS ALL THEY SAID WITH NO SIGNATURE AT THE BOTTOM OF LETTER.
    I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF ANYBODY WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THIS SORT OF PROBLEM WOULD HELP ME DEAL WITH THEM.THANKS

Comment

Re: whosaymannodey v ABA / A&L

Hi, have you started the reclaiming process for the charges?

Comment

Who did you send the £1 cheque to?

Comment

thanks for the replyyes,.i have received,all previous statements from a&l bank,and have closed the account,but now stacked wha to do next,if to claim under hardship or what?

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
            Who did you send the £1 cheque to?
            i sent the £1 cheque to rockwell dca.which they have returned.this morning i have received a letter from rockwell dca with copy documentation????????which in actual fact is just a copy of that current account application form i filled for this a/c,which is in an unreadable format.

they say if they dont hear from me in 10 working days ,they will take further recovery ation.i dont know at this point wha to write to them about,or just to c ome into an aggrement with them to settle the outtsanding debt of £560.

pls i need an advice urgently,any one who wants to guide me at this stage.thanks

Comment

Yes the overdraft won't be subject to the CCA.

you need to start the process to reclaim charges and tell rockwell the ccounts in dispute - you have all the statements ? have you been through them and added up all the charges they have taken from you ? how much does this come to ?

also how much is the debt with rockwell ?

then yes you should get a complaint in to the bank asking them to consider refunding you under hardship guidelines of the waiver. We'll help but may be easier to go through this step by step so we know where you are at.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks for the reply.but am still stacked as to how to write,i mean what 2 put in the letter to say the account is in dispute????the debt with rockwell is 560quid.
                well am in the 1st stage of reclaming charges,dats hav now received all statements n yet to process them.my point is this collectors hav given me 10 wking days to get bac to them,already left with aba 5 days to deadline.,which after dat they will tak recovry action.
                pls help me somebdy.

Comment

You have just recieved a standard threatagram from Rockwell, so dont worry too much about that for now.

Comment

Should I Write To The Bank Also That The Account Is In Dispute,or This Is Only To The Dca?????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X