• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Really worried and need urgent help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i sent an email with all proof at 8.30 am monday morning, followed by a follow up email at 6pm Moday to ask for at least an ackowledgment that they have received it. I have phoned twice and been told they get loads of emails a day.

Do you think its unreasonable to now make a formal complaint? on their website it says they will respond to complaintes within 3 working days.

They send out a letter, threatining bailiff action after 7 days, and then dont respond to the proof they have asked me to send

This is on their website

"I have received correspondence from Empira for someone who doesn’t live at my address. What should I do?

Please contact us immediately so we can update our records and advise our client. If you know the person the letter is addressed to, or have a forwarding address or contact telephone number, please let us know. You can email enquiries@empira.co.uk"

Comment

Has it given you personal information of the person concerned if so - do not give back to them report to:- as they have broken reguation under GDPR:-

​​​​​​ Make a complaint

Information Commissioner's Office
      https://ico.org.uk › make-a-complaint

Comment

I dont get what you mean? i havent got any personal information they just sent me an enforcment letter agaisnt a name of a company i have never heard off and when i googled the company its been registered to my address

Comment

just contacted the place you said and they are next to useless, this is what they just told me
          1. am sorry you are in this situation.
          2. This is a case of fraud and we are unable to assist you with this. You may wish to report it to the Police and / or Action Fraud.
          3. Any letters that arrive at your address but are for someone else, we recommend that you do not open them and returned them to sender.(if i had done this i would not have known bailiffs were coming!)

Comment

hence I asked was there any of the person personal info? OK if not sorry I tried to help!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisuk35 View Post
              just contacted the place you said and they are next to useless, this is what they just told me
              1. am sorry you are in this situation.
              2. This is a case of fraud and we are unable to assist you with this. You may wish to report it to the Police and / or Action Fraud.
              3. Any letters that arrive at your address but are for someone else, we recommend that you do not open them and returned them to sender.(if i had done this i would not have known bailiffs were coming!)
              go online and google action fraud and report (cost nothing)

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post

go online and google action fraud and report (cost nothing)
                already done that i have a csse number

Comment

Sorry i know your trying to help and thank you, im just worried sick over this

Comment

There are times when you need to be firm and stand up to bullies. The attempts at humour aside, you have been given good advice in this thread.
                    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Sorry i know your trying to help and thank you, im just worried sick over this
                      You are 'worrying' about something that isn't likely to happen.

If you prepare in readiness if they were to show up.

Read the advice given in post 24.

It's simple, print your credit report plus any other ID, place in envelope, hand it to the bailiff.

Is that a difficult thing to do?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

You are 'worrying' about something that isn't likely to happen.

If you prepare in readiness if they were to show up.

Read the advice given in post 24.

It's simple, print your credit report plus any other ID, place in envelope, hand it to the bailiff.

Is that a difficult thing to do?
                        ok sorry

Comment

Just an update, its all sorted, had reply from bailiffs saying they have removed my address against deby and no one will be coming.
                          Thansk all for your help

Comment

Just an update, its all sorted, had reply from bailiffs saying they have removed my address against deby and no one will be coming.
                            Thansk all for your help
                            Glad it's sorted.

Comment

All that worry!

I expect bailiffs have to deal with this type of situation regularly, and know when they have come to a dead end.
                              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X