• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Really worried and need urgent help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really worried and need urgent help please

So this is kind of a long story. Me and my wife have been living happily in our house for the past 18 years. The last 6 months we have been getting all sorts of strange letters for a Company and a persons name that we have never heard off. Anyways these letters were getting more and more frequent. So about a month ago i happebed to google this companies name and i found out via comapies house website that somehow this guy and company has registred his name as director and company to our address??? i mean how the hell is that even possible??

Anyways one by one i have been getting in touch with all these people who have been sending letters and explaining the situation and i have filled out the relevant forms and sent them to compmaies house (online) in order to remove this indivudal and company from our address.

Anyways this morning i have recieved a notice of enforcment letter as this guy owes some serious money, and its saying someone will turn up in the next 7 days to collect goods etc to the value owed (over 19k)

Of course i amgoing to phone them monday when they open but what if they dobnt believe me? i can obvioisly prove its my house, i have bank statements, utility bills everyrting i need but were scared they are going to just barge ibto house and not listen or believe us.

Please ccan anyone help on where we stand ? we have no idea who this guy or company is and like i said its our house and we hae all the proof, will they accept this?

Tags: None

Use the following template, amend it to suit your circumstances.

Place it in an envelope, hand it to the Bailiffs through a window or letterbox. Email the letter to the bailiffs company.

https://moneynerd.co.uk/bailiff-complaint-letter/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...20prove%20this.

Contact the ICO, these companies should know who lives at the address or can find out, it's harassment.
    You should complain to all of them, follow their complaints procedure, then complain to the ICO if your not happy.

Comment

Although this is little consolation to you it is a very widespread fraud so it should be something baliffs have come across before. Companies House has been criticised for letting it happen but the real problem is company registration law that means that Companies House has to record in the register whatever it is told and cannot require verification. The law is changing for the future but too late for you.

Did you notify Companies House using the forms referred to here? Report a company using your personal details without your permission - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) I believe it takes a while for CH to action this but have you received an acknowledgement from CH? Include the copy form and acknowledgement in what you send to baliffs.

Have you notified Action Fraud? If not do so asap. Include a copy of the notification and AF crime reference number in what you send to baliffs.

If this has gone through the court and is now at baliff enforcement you should have received previous correspondence at your address. Did you receive it? Did you notify the court the person didn't live there and was unknown to you?
      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
        Although this is little consolation to you it is a very widespread fraud so it should be something baliffs have come across before. Companies House has been criticised for letting it happen but the real problem is company registration law that means that Companies House has to record in the register whatever it is told and cannot require verification. The law is changing for the future but too late for you.

Did you notify Companies House using the forms referred to here? Report a company using your personal details without your permission - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) I believe it takes a while for CH to action this but have you received an acknowledgement from CH? Include the copy form and acknowledgement in what you send to baliffs.

Have you notified Action Fraud? If not do so asap. Include a copy of the notification and AF crime reference number in what you send to baliffs.

If this has gone through the court and is now at baliff enforcement you should have received previous correspondence at your address. Did you receive it? Did you notify the court the person didn't live there and was unknown to you?
        We have had that many letters and been in touch with that many people its been hard to keep up.

My worry is will the bailifs listen to us? i mean we can easily prove its our house. Will counil tax bills, bank statements, utility bills etc be enough? im not sure what else we can provide

As for companies house, yes i have filled in 2 forms RP02A and RP07 forms and have emails saying they have recieved both forms sucessfully. I did get in contact with them and they have a backlog and are working in date order

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisuk35 View Post

We have had that many letters and been in touch with that many people its been hard to keep up.

My worry is will the bailifs listen to us? i mean we can easily prove its our house. Will counil tax bills, bank statements, utility bills etc be enough? im not sure what else we can provide

As for companies house, yes i have filled in 2 forms RP02A and RP07 forms and have emails saying they have recieved both forms sucessfully. I did get in contact with them and they have a backlog and are working in date order
          You could print out details from your Credit File that shows your name and address.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

You could print out details from your Credit File that shows your name and address.
            Great idea, tthank you

Comment

Photo ID for you (and your wife) - drving licence preferably as it has address and photo - will prove that you are who you say you are and that you are not the fraudulent debtor
              All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Photo ID for you (and your wife) - drving licence preferably as it has address and photo - will prove that you are who you say you are and that you are not the fraudulent debtor
                Thanks yes i have them, so with all this evidence will they actually beleive me?

I have the following printed out and ready to send via email if needed

Council tax bill
                bank statement
                virgin media bill
                water bill
                gas and electricity bill
                and also have photo id in form of drivers licence for me and passport for both of us (wife does not drive)
                oh and emails saying both RP07 and RP02A forms have been submitted to compnaies house

Comment

Thanks yes i have them, so with all this evidence will they actually beleive me?

I have the following printed out and ready to send via email if needed

Council tax bill
                  bank statement
                  virgin media bill
                  water bill
                  gas and electricity bill
                  and also have photo id in form of drivers licence for me and passport for both of us (wife does not drive)
                  oh and emails saying both RP07 and RP02A forms have been submitted to compnaies house
                  Make sure you get confirmation of receipt from the bailiff company, also tell them in no uncertain terms that you will lodge formal complaints if you are harassed further.

Comment

Thanks so do you think this will be enough evidence though?

Comment

Have you reported this to Action Fraud? Include their crime reference number.

Comment

Thanks so do you think this will be enough evidence though?
                        Yes more then enough.

Comment

Have you reported this to Action Fraud? Include their crime reference number.
                          I'm on phone to them now but looking at website I don't think there's a section that relates to what's happening to us

Comment

I'm on phone to them now but looking at website I don't think there's a section that relates to what's happening to us
                            OK, I assumed you could report any fraud to them but possibly my mistake and they only accept reports if your name has been used, not just your address. If you can report it do so, if not you have plenty.

Comment

There will definitely be a relevant header. Similar to identity fraud, although in your case it's address fraud. This could impact your ability to get Credit in the future as the address has been 'trashed' by the fraudster.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X