• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell - When To Send CCA Request / Initiate contact?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell - When To Send CCA Request / Initiate contact?

Lowell have written to me regarding a CC debt from around 15 years ago for around £3k which they have purchased from original creditor.

Haven't made a payment in around 5 years and was waiting on it to become Statute Barred but not the case.

So far Ive had 1 x letter and 1 x text message from them.

Whats the play here please?

Is it wait it out or send CCA request as soon as?

How quickly will they / do they take action

Advice appreciated and I am aware there are loads of Lowell requests right now.
    Tags: None

Hi CD

Welcome to LB

I would send a CCA request, if they can't provide a copy of the CCA, then the debt is unenforceable through the Courts. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

Before they take legal action, they need to send you a Letter Before Action, so try not to worry.

Update when you get a response.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-07

Comment

ECHAT11, thanks for the reply.

Do you recommend holiding off on the CCA Request or sending it as soon as possible?

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by claritydude View Post
        ECHAT11, thanks for the reply.

Do you recommend holiding off on the CCA Request or sending it as soon as possible?

thanks again
        I personally would be proactive (send the CCA request), that way you can see what other options you have, you have time to consider other options. Also because it's an oldish account, they may well struggle to produce a CCA. If the account was opened pre 2007, they can't reconstruct the agreement, it has to be a 'true copy'.

Comment

Thanks, I've take your advice and sent the CCA request.

Lets see whats happens next!

Comment

Update the thread when you get a response.

Comment

CCS Request response received today from Lowell

"We've asked original creditor to provide us with the requested documentation and will send this to you as soon as possible. We aim to provide this within 12 working days.

What Happens Next
              In the meantime your account is on hold and we will not contact you. If qwe've not heard anything from original creditor after 40 days we will send you an update."

Imagine this is pretty standard stuff...

Comment

CCS Request response received today from Lowell

"We've asked original creditor to provide us with the requested documentation and will send this to you as soon as possible. We aim to provide this within 12 working days.

What Happens Next
                In the meantime your account is on hold and we will not contact you. If qwe've not heard anything from original creditor after 40 days we will send you an update."

Imagine this is pretty standard stuff...
                Yes.

Comment

So…

They’ve send me everything to satisfy my request.

Thanks for help on this.

Comment

So…

They’ve send me everything to satisfy my request.

Thanks for help on this.
                    What you need to do is go through what they sent you, does it all comply and have the correct information on the documents they sent.

Comment

On further inspection they have sent me a CC agreements (Photocopy) with agreement number, date and signature (2 pages) Dated Jan 2007

PLUS

A copy of CC agreement terms which are clearly not the original terms as they have a Copyright 2021 footer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

On further inspection they have sent me a CC agreements (Photocopy) with agreement number, date and signature (2 pages) Dated Jan 2007

PLUS

A copy of CC agreement terms which are clearly not the original terms as they have a Copyright 2021 footer.
                        So not original, looks like 'reconstructed' agreement except they haven't told you they are 'reconstructed'.
                        They haven't provided the Terms and Conditions at the date the agreement was taken out, as these are from 2021.

Comment

The 2 pages are origilas (attached with personals redacted) but the Terms and Confitions doument is not. Does that still mean reconstructed and if so what would you recommend?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-25_15-19-52.png
Views:	1
Size:	610.7 KB
ID:	1651468Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-25_15-18-50.png
Views:	3
Size:	655.0 KB
ID:	1651470
                          Attached Files

Comment

hartd to read? any side dates and reference numbers top/bottom/side

Comment

The 2 pages are origilas (attached with personals redacted) but the Terms and Confitions doument is not. Does that still mean reconstructed and if so what would you recommend?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-25_15-19-52.png
Views:	1
Size:	610.7 KB
ID:	1651468Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-25_15-18-50.png
Views:	3
Size:	655.0 KB
ID:	1651470
                              It could be that the 2007 T's and C's are original and the 2021 are the 'Varied' T's and C's, but they are 'unreadable' at the moment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X