• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Lowells

I got a letter from Lowells about a debt from decades ago. There is a letter with a bank logo at the top. It goes on to say the account has been sold by the bank to Lowell Portfolio Ltd.

What should I do in response?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

When was the last payment made?
    When was the last written acknowledgement of the debt made?

If it's beyond 6 years, then the debt is statute barred.

Send the following template, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...cover-debt-ew/

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      When was the last payment made?
      When was the last written acknowledgement of the debt made?

If it's beyond 6 years, then the debt is statute barred.

Send the following template, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...cover-debt-ew/
      Thanks friend.

Although it is a debt from about 15 years ago, I was paying £1 a month until about 2018. I struggle with managing documents and keeping up with filing due to mental illness. I have in the past probably asked for proof of the debt and they usually ignore then sell on the debt and start again. I have lost details of past correspondance as I thought they got bored and went away. it looks like I will have to start the process again. I am a bit better than I have been in the past. I had half a dozen debts from credit cards, loans, bank accounts, consolidation loans etc and get them mixed up when I had a breakdown.

Comment

Because payments has been made it's not statute barred.

You could send Lowell's a CCA request, see if they can provide a copy of your original agreement. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

If they can't provide a copy then the account is unenforceable.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X