• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ change of details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ change of details

Hi there, Im new on here, I have a little query and would like some advise if you can help,

I have an old CCJ against myself from RBoS, This weekend I recieved a letter from Triton Credit Services (part of the RBS group).

The Royal Bank of Scotland

We are pleased to have come to a temporary agreement with you (the agreement they refer to is a CCJ) and wish to confirm the terms of the arrangement to cover the next 6 payments.

Theses terms are as follows:

Your initial payment of £2.00 should be credited to account number XXXXXXX by This date.

In the event that you have agreed a regular repayment programms, then we expect the future payments to be made by the due date.

The following payment methods are available to you:

Credit/Debit Card

Cheque Postal Order

Visit Branch of RBoS

Internet Payments

If payments are not made as agreed then this agreement will lapse and we will contact you immediately for payment of the full amount due. If you have any difficulties making these payments please contact us before the payment date to discuss the matter.

Your Sincerley

Vicki Coleman
    Recovery Manager

Why send this letter now and why transfer to another inhouse Debt Collector?

Also if the court order says pay the company named below i.e. 'Credit Management Servs', can RBoS change the company?

I have drafted a letter to Credit Management Services and Triton, and would be grateful if someone can have a look at it for me, and give me any comments and advise if I am on the right track with this?

Thank you for your recent letter under the letterhead of Triton Credit Services. I am slightly bemused as to the content of the letter. As you are aware the above account is subject to a County Court Judgement, in which it states,

Payments must be made to the person named at the address for payments giving the claimants reference number and claim number’.

The address and payments details are ‘Credit Management Services’ quoting the above account numbers. I must ask myself why I have been sent a letter asking me to pay Triton Credit Services, and to use a completely different number? I would ask you to clarify for me the points below:

• Have you notified the court of your intention to vary the current details of the Judgement? If you have not I duly ask for you to do so and to advise myself when this has been done.

• Why does the Triton letter state that this is a ‘temporary agreement’?

• Why does the Triton letter state this is an arrangement for 6 months?

Can I also draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading guide for Debt Collection, specifically:

Not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as
    appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different
    parties.

Not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a
    different debt collector.

I am unsure of why you have sought to complicate matters and confuse me regarding this issue.

Additionally, I would like to make you aware that due to these circumstances I have felt obligated to enclose a postal order for the amount agreed as well as making payment via the internet under the supplementary request by the recent letter headed from Triton Credit Services (despite the fact that I had already sent another postal order earlier this month).

I would be grateful if you can advise me of your position in relation to the account.
    Luminol x

Re: CCJ change of details

Watchya Luminol.

Looks good to me and you are correct in your reasoning as they would need to go back to court to make any alterations to the payments.

Comment

Hey CB, thanks for that, glad Im on the right track, so let the games begin!
      Luminol x

Comment

Hey all, Im gonna add a bit to my letter regarding costs, thought I'd update my thread incase anyone uses it as a reference point in the future.

Ill be adding:

In addition I would like you to reimburse me for the additional costs I have had to incur as a result of this. My actual costs to date come to 2 letters @ £6.25 (court allowed when claiming costs), 1 x postal orders + charges @

£2.00, 2 x stamps @ 0.50p and a repayment of time spent @ 2 hours @£9.25 per hour and as a goodwill gesture on your part for the harassment of perhaps £50.00, total £93.50p.

Comment welcome from the :beagle:
        Luminol x

Comment

ok Im off to the Post office now, to post em, will let you know of any response I get, Thanks again for your help thus far.
          Luminol x

Comment

Are you sure this is for the same account as the original CCj was for? As its got a different account number? maybe its not even your debt and Triton are just trying it on?
            Is no longer here

Comment

Its the same account, I used to pay Credit Management Services using the Court reference number, they want me to pay Triton using the old Account no, Ive double checked that it was the same account using the statements that they send me. Just have to wait and see what they both say, should be interesting
              Luminol x

Comment

Guys How long would you give these jokers to reply?
                Luminol x

Comment

Ok have tracked letter and apparantly it was undeliverable, so will send another asap, means the postal order in it wont of been cashed either makes you wonder how many other people have sent payments recorded delivery and will default because they cant be bothered signing for mail...

Royal Mail message:
                  Your item with reference BR*********GB was delivered back to sender from our OAKENGATES Delivery Office before 08:57 on 11/03/09.
                  This item was returned to the sender as we were unable to deliver the item.
                  Last edited by Luminol; 18th March 2009, 14:41:PM.
                  Luminol x

Comment

Updating thread, will resend letter and have email RBoS stating:

This letter was sent to yourselves Recorded Delivery, after checking the tracking it is being returned to myself as 'Undeliverable'. I would be grateful to a response regarding my queries. I must also ask why you are not signing for your mail as this may cause people to default on CCJ's issued by yourself.

I attached the letter that they didnt sign for...fingers crossed!
                    Luminol x

Comment

Hey all I found this customerservice.team@hmcourts-service.gsi.gov.uk its the complaint email for County Court complaints, now I know I may be jumping a gun or two, but is this who I will complain to regarding RBoS actions in relation to my Judgement?
                      Luminol x

Comment

Just an update, sent all the letters again today, 2 recorded delivery, 2 standard post, lets hope they get through this time
                        Luminol x

Comment

Have recieved a letter today from RBoS, I dont know if its in response to the email or one of the letters. The letters I resent on Friday have been recieved and even though they were too two totally different addresses they were signed for by the same person??

Anyway the letter states heres a copy of our complaints procedure etc, I cant answer your queries without further investigation, but will be intouch in the next 10 days, oh and they thank me for bringing it to their attention.

Thats it really, what I really want to know is am I missing something? or shall I now wait?

Thanks Lumi
                          Luminol x

Comment

Today I recieved RBS response to my complaint, her goes:

Dear Luminol

Iam writing in response to your letter dated 19/03/2009 regarding the above mentioned accounts and would like to thank you for your patience whilst I have investigated this matter.

You say a letter was delivered to this department recorded delivery and was returned to you undeliverable.

Our records show a letter was sent to Vicki Coleman at Triton Credit Services and was responded to on the 31st March 2009. I can find no letter, addressed to the recovery manager being returned so I am unable to comment. (Obviously they cant find the letter as it was not signed for.)

You have recieved a letter from Triton, however your accounts are subject to a CCJ and you do not understand why you have recieved it.

Firstly I apologise for the letter being sent to you. I can confirm you have a CCJ for a monthly repayment of £2.00.

The bank has recently upgraded its systems and unfortunately, your account was sent to the wrong department within Credit Management services. Your monthly payments was inputted at £2.00 per month, however, it was not noticed that you have a CCJ and that you are not subject to the 6-month review.

This error has now been corrected and you should continue to make your payments as usual. (Not sure who to pay now, Credit management or Triton.)

Due to the system upgrade your account is now under a different reference number and would be grateful if you could quote XXXXXXXXXXXXXX on all future correspondence.

I am sorry for any confusion or inconvienience this has caused.

It carries on to say...if your not happy follow procedure in the leaflet, if they havent heard from me by 13/05/2009, they are closing the complaint.

Theres no mention whatsoever of the costs that I requested. So what do you think guys leave it there or am I missing something.

My SAR is going off on Tuesday next week, when my Hubby remembers to bring home the letter he printed off from work so Ill be going for my charges back after that and maybe the PPI.

Thanks Lumi xx
                            Luminol x

Comment

I'd be inclined to write back and ask them to clarify everything you have previously asked.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X