• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issue with Sixt car rental - eCOLLECT agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Sixt car rental - eCOLLECT agency

Hope you can help me.

I have a dispute with Sixt and eCollect AG that has gone a bit bonkers from what is really something minor:

1) Sixt after not contacting me for months suddenly sent emails which went into my spam folder in Mar-May 2020 for a toll infringement they claimed I had done in Italy in summer of 2019, almost 9 months. My car rental was in Aug/Sept 2019.

They claimed they paid for the tolls and therefore I owe them an admin fee. They did not even bother to contact me to pay the toll fees immediately and instead charged me for admin charges + fees.

2) They did not contact me via my phone or my address at all so I was unaware of this issue

3) My family and I had covid and we had a few deaths so I was not looking so much into my emails

4) I only saw a late email from eCollect demanding I pay them. I emailed saying I paid Sixt already

5) I paid the amount which is the amount which Sixt demanded that is EUR36.60 as I didn't want to dispute that given mine and my family's poor health due to Covid

5) I emailed Sixt a few times and never heard back from them at all from their various departments as to this matter

6) eCollect AG demanded that now I pay the even more extortionate rates of £104 on top of what I had already paid for what they claimed to be debtor fees and admin charges claiming they tried to contact me.

They didn't even bother sending any letters beside the email which I had replied saying I paid Sixt already. They claimed Sixt passed it on to them and they can charge whatever they want.

7) I wrote back indicating that I will be willing to settle for £40 as I don't want to be burdened by this further in April 2022. eCollect did not reply back on my proposed settlement and have sent me another notice in Aug 2022 asking me to pay £104.

Can you help me to dispute this or help at all? Are there legal things I can write for them to pay off and back off?

From my perspective, I am already paying a penalty of 100% on top of what I owed. I only owed EUR36.6 which have been paid in full already. To charge me 3x more is ridiculous especially when they did not even bother contacting me. Can they take me to County Court in the UK for this?
    It is all their fees which they have added on. I already paid the charges to Sixt from their original demand. Sixt has not even bothered contacting me back even though I sent them emails.

Another question I have: Given that the contract I had with Sixt had finished by Sept 2019 (it was a car rental contract), will my debt be statue-barred according to German law AS eCollect and Sixt are indicating that this is owed to them in Germany?
    Tags: None

second eCollect query in 2 days! They must be getting desparate for funds

I would ignore them, but contrary advice was given on this other thread: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ut-of-the-blue
    eCollect do not appear to have a UK office, so probably their modus operandi is threat and more threat (much like civil recovery companies)
    as enforcing a German court judgement in the UK is unlikely to be easy.

Comment

Des like buses, a chain reaction. Odds for a 3rd?

Sixt has a UK office, write a letter to them, state that you've paid EUR36.60. That no other money is owed / outstanding.

If they continue to chase you for monies that isn't owed, then you will lodge a complaint with Action Fraud as well as Trading Standards.

If they continue to chase you for money that isn't owed, then you will consider taking action against them under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

Hi, any idea where I can get the address for Sixt? I have been trying to get them resolved via Customer Service and also via Resolver, to no avil.

Comment

Langley UK --- just google head office

Comment

Originally posted by timewarps View Post
            Hi, any idea where I can get the address for Sixt? I have been trying to get them resolved via Customer Service and also via Resolver, to no avil.
            At the very top - https://cdn.sixt.io/legal/subscripti...ions_en_GB.pdf

Comment

Sixt don't seem amenable to any form of dialogue.
              From past posts on LB it seems that once they think they can dream up a claim they don't let go easily.so don't expect them to be open to mediation... they prefer payment!

Comment

I emailed eCollect and they didn't reply at all. Now they have upped it and asked for £128 and threaten legal action in a very threatening email. I have not written to Sixt via a letter. I tried to contact them via Twitter but the UK team fobbed me off saying it's an Italian rental so I need to contact the Italian team of which I have not receive a reply back since 2020. It seems like I am going around in circles.

I am at a loss

Comment

I would ignore them and their letters.
                  It is common for debt collectors to threaten court action as they know it makes people nervous, even when the alleged debtor owes nothing.
                  I would only start reacting if genuine court papers were received.

Comment

Any progress in this case? I have a similar case going with eCollect AG / Sixt and an admin fee from a car hire in Italy in 2018. They have also threaten me with legal proceedings and claim that Italian law applies.

Comment

Are you based in the UK or in Europe? Different laws apply depending on where you are.

Comment

I tried to reply to a private message from you timewarps, but received an error message. I am based in a non-EU country in Europe.
                        Last edited by And1; 27th September 2022, 16:51:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by And1 View Post
                          I tried to reply to a private message from you timewarps, but received an error message. I am based in a non-EU country in Europe.
                          Hi, i tried to reply again to you privately And1 . Please check.

Comment

Hi timewarps I received your private message, however I get the error message "you are not authorized.." when I try to reply. Unfortunatly it seems that I do not have permission to send private messages. Maybe you can send me your email adress and I can repond by email?

Comment

Any progress in this case? I have a similar case going with eCollect AG / Sixt and an admin fee from a car hire in Italy in 2018. They have also threaten me with legal proceedings and claim that Italian law applies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X