• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gemini & HFC (881.47)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gemini & HFC (881.47)

Natalie if that is the address that the bank always send data to you such as statements then the ICO do not require a signature for it or for you to send any ID for it.

Comment

Nattie, why that may be true, it does make sense to jump through a few hoops now and again before they get hit with a reclaim.
      After all Gem does want ALL the data and not the normal statements.
      HFC are within their rights to request verification of identity.

Comment

For reference(ICO Guidance to businesses question 2)
        http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...nformation.pdf

Comment

Thank you both, but is my letter OK, and if it is, do I have to start counting the 40 days again?
          Two are always better than one,
          but not as complicated as three can be.

Comment

Good morning, I hope you are all going to have a wonderful weekend :okay:.

Mine has begun really well. I have had another letter this morning from Mackenzie Hall. I am not of a mind to continue ignoring the idiots because I am itching to tell them off. This one gives me a deadline in red... 1st of April !! Now I am sure I can weave something witty and subtly threatening around April Fool's Day in a reply designed to tell them once and for all to draw their neck in. I am positively fuming :mad2:. More especially when one considers that I am already dealing directly with the OC !!

What are your thoughts on this please?

Comment

Papier-Mâché

Comment

Good morning.

Finally, a reaction from HFC. You will recall I told them I had no driving licence and no passport? I told them this and they said they would be in touch. This was on, or about the 25th March!! This morning I received a letter from a member of their SAR Team stating the following:~

"We received correspondence from you regarding a Subject Access Request for the above account. The request has been completed, however, we still require proof of identity."

" We note that you not have a passport or driving licence, please, therefore, provide a utility bill dated within the last 3 months. You will also need to provide a signed letter. "

"If we do not hear from you by the month end then your completed request will be filed with no further action."

I understand them requesting a utility bill. However, I am not happy about the signed letter and I am most reluctant to comply with such a demand. Also, what exactly do they mean by telling me that the request will be filed with no further action? Is that a threat? I have sent the £10.00 cheque with the SAR and it has not yet been cashed.

What are they up to? How do I proceed from here?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X