• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harassing me for debt over 15 years old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassing me for debt over 15 years old

Can anyone please help. Over 20 years ago I was in a bad relationship and run up debt. I have since split from my husband but after 12 years of no debts I am being chased by Lowell and Cap Quest for money. I thought if I had no form of contact with them for over 10 years they could not persue me but they have found me and say I over £5000. They are not even saying what company I owe it to. I have been ignoring there letters but now they have found my phone number and have been harassing me on the phone. I just hang up. What can I do ? I cannot afford to pay this and don’t even know what it’s for. I did have a couple of credit cards but it was over 15 years ago and I don’t even remember who they were with. I haven’t made any payments to anyone. Why are they still chasing me. I thought this was illegal or are they just hoping to wear me down. To be honest I am getting very nervous about all of this and was thinking of applying for a loan to get rid of them. I’m scared they will knock at my door. I was in an abusive relationship so am already living on my wits.
    Tags: None

tatute Barred Letter if true send get proof poting and keep copy on file (They are chancers business must be bad for them oppss)

Comment

In other words, ignor them as they cannot do anything legally. If they call, tell them that and put a STOP on the number they are calling from. You could say, 'take me to court' and they know that they cannot do that.

Comment

Thanks for your advice. These people make me ill. They are the scum of the earth

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X