• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Intrum have they proved the debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Worrywort22 View Post
    Hi finally had a reply back from Intrum saying they have enclosed the agreement but nothing was in the envelope. Do i reply back and tell them this ?
    I would lodge a formal complaint with Intrum (should be on their website), follow their complaints procedure, explain what's happened, you've made a request under the CCA 1974, instead of providing the documentation as per the CCA 1974, they have sent a covering letter, but no agreement as per covering letter. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

Hi I lodged the complaint and just had 2 letters from them. One saying they will look into it and i should allow up to 8 weeks and another saying that they are glad they resolved the complaint by talking to one of their chat people ( which i did not do ). So do i just now wait or do i send another letter ? All seems a bit strange the way they are playing this

Comment

Hi I lodged the complaint and just had 2 letters from them. One saying they will look into it and i should allow up to 8 weeks and another saying that they are glad they resolved the complaint by talking to one of their chat people ( which i did not do ). So do i just now wait or do i send another letter ? All seems a bit strange the way they are playing this
        I would write back stating that you haven't spoken to anybody at the company, that you want proof with a transcript of the conversation you are said to have, tell them they can consider your letter as a Subject Access Request, if they fail to provide a copy of the transcript with time and date, you will lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. They have 30 days, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

So i have now received the SAR. Need to go through it properly as 180 odd pages. Also had another letter from them to say they are still investigating my complaint. However it is now coming up to 8 weeks from my initial complaint which they said they would try to issue their full and final response within. Just wondering what i do now ? Thanks you once again for any advice

Comment

So i have now received the SAR. Need to go through it properly as 180 odd pages. Also had another letter from them to say they are still investigating my complaint. However it is now coming up to 8 weeks from my initial complaint which they said they would try to issue their full and final response within. Just wondering what i do now ? Thanks you once again for any advice
            If exactly 8 weeks has passed, then you can lodge a complaint with the FOS (just be aware, they can be hit and miss). Or send them a follow up letter, giving them a further 14 days after the 8 weeks.

Comment

Ok so after digging through all the pages there is no transcript of any chat only an apology that the letter was sent in error. They do not uphold my complaint as although paperwork is sent manually there is no proof it was not sent. There is also a load of pages printed from the internet to do with application forms and credit agreements and terms and conditions. So I am not sure what the next step is now. I received another letter as well offering a full and final settlement knocking 65% off. I wish i could do this but can\t raise the funds. Thanking you so far for your advise

Comment

Ok so after digging through all the pages there is no transcript of any chat only an apology that the letter was sent in error. They do not uphold my complaint as although paperwork is sent manually there is no proof it was not sent. There is also a load of pages printed from the internet to do with application forms and credit agreements and terms and conditions. So I am not sure what the next step is now. I received another letter as well offering a full and final settlement knocking 65% off. I wish i could do this but can\t raise the funds. Thanking you so far for your advise
                a) Lodge a Complaint with the FOS regarding the complaint you raised and the way they dealt with it. Make sure you send the evidence.

b) It sounds very much like they don't have the agreement etc. They've sent a load of 'rubbish' which doesn't stack up. The 'offer' confirms their desperation. They haven't complied with your CCA Request, so you can consider sending the following, send it, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Creditor's name and address:

Account/Agreement No:

Your name and address:

No response received

Dear Sirs

I wrote to you on (date) to request a copy of my agreement under Section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) 1974 and a statement of account. I enclosed the £1.00 fee and the letter was delivered and signed for on (date).

The Act allows 12 working days for this request to be fulfilled, the 12 days ended on (date) and I haven't received the information requested.

Please can you send this information to me as soon as possible. The Act states that the debt is now unenforceable until I receive these documents.

Yours faithfully

(Print name)

c) see what they do next.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X