• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Intrum have they proved the debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrum have they proved the debt

Hi new here and wonder if someone can help. Trying to sort out finances and stumbled across this site. I have sent a prove it letter to Intrum regarding a Tesco credit card. They have sent back an application summary and an agreement with signature dated 2007 and statements from 2017 (that i never got before this ). How do i proceed now. Should i now make an offer ?
    Tags: None

is that a true copy of original??? prior and on that date 2007 had to certified true copy with all necessary requirements. many CCAs are non enforceable.

await others never give in straight away they hope you do not know anything about law. echat11 probably advise also

Comment

Has a payment been made or has the debt been acknowledged in the last 6 years?

Comment

Thank you for your replies. In 2012 i lost my job and this is when the situation arose. I had a number of debts and i went to Stepchange with them and have been paying what i can afford since then up till Sept last year. I decided then that i needed to get things sorted. So to answer your question the debt has been acknowledged as stepchange were paying them.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          is that a true copy of original??? prior and on that date 2007 had to certified true copy with all necessary requirements. many CCAs are non enforceable.

await others never give in straight away they hope you do not know anything about law. echat11 probably advise also
          It looks real. how would i tell ?

Comment

You could offer a Full and Final Settlement, start with a low offer, see if they accept it.

Would you consider that?

https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options...on/full-final/

Comment

It's Not something I can consider. I don't have the money. How would I know if the CCA is legitimate. Is there someone who could look at it for me ?Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance

Comment

Make a copy for yourself, remove all personal details, upload it, then we can take a look for you.

Comment

Thank you so much. This is what i got
                  Attached Files

Comment

The thing is that you took it out in 2007 (the agreement at the time), no doubt they have changed the Terms and Conditions many times since then, so they need to send you the latest copy and the original (which they have sent you).

What you could do is send a formal CCA request (S78), make sure you get Proof of Postage. See what they send back -

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

Where an agreement has been varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act, the Financial Conduct Authority considers that, by virtue of Regulation 7 of the Copies of Documents Regulations, the duty is to provide not only a copy of the agreement as originally executed but also either - a copy of the latest variation given in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act relating to each discrete term of the agreement which has been varied, or a clear statement of the terms of the agreement as varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act.'

Comment

Thank you for your help on this. They also provided statements but from 2017 so would i also need a up to date statement and also notice of assignment from the original creditor ?
                      The letter i send does that go to Intrum or Tesco ?
                      I am so grateful for your help on this

Comment

Originally posted by Worrywort22 View Post
                        Thank you for your help on this. They also provided statements but from 2017 so would i also need a up to date statement and also notice of assignment from the original creditor ?
                        The letter i send does that go to Intrum or Tesco ?
                        I am so grateful for your help on this
                        Send the CCA request to Intrum, make sure you amend it correctly (it's s78) and get Proof of Postage.

You can send a SAR to Tesco, they have 30 days to send you all the data they hold on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Send the CCA request to Intrum, make sure you amend it correctly (it's s78) and get Proof of Postage.

You can send a SAR to Tesco, they have 30 days to send you all the data they hold on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/
                          thank you for your help on this

Comment

Hi finally had a reply back from Intrum saying they have enclosed the agreement but nothing was in the envelope. Do i reply back and tell them this ?

Comment

letter attached
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X