• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Defaults and CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nomoredebt View Post
    Thanks, I'll do that this evening, but obviously can't get the doctors proof right now.
    will me writing that to them, start the whole 6 year clock again though? Because I'll be acknowledging the debt wont I
    Wait until you get the Doctor's letter, then email both together. You've already 'acknowledged the debts' with you previous letter, haven't you?

Comment

I don't think I admitted they were mine, Im sure I wrote something like 'im not entirely sure these are mine but...', however I will confirm that.
      Ah okay, I'm not sure how quick a doctor will do that letter, or even if they will, with Covid and all, it's probably not high up on their priorities - would a screenshot of his medical records - if I can get it - be ok do you think?

Comment

I don't think I admitted they were mine, Im sure I wrote something like 'im not entirely sure these are mine but...', however I will confirm that.
        Ah okay, I'm not sure how quick a doctor will do that letter, or even if they will, with Covid and all, it's probably not high up on their priorities - would a screenshot of his medical records - if I can get it - be ok do you think?
        Screenshot is fine, with dates would be good, you want to show that you fell in arrears because of genuine circumstances and understandably you had other priorities at the time.

Comment

We definitely did, if I'm honest I have no idea how we made it through that time. It was very hard. I've asked him to try and get a screenshot, hopefully we can do this today.
          I still haven't heard back from Lowell after my original email anyway, I'm hoping they get back to me today as well, but I'm fully expecting them to say no go my offer.

Comment

We definitely did, if I'm honest I have no idea how we made it through that time. It was very hard. I've asked him to try and get a screenshot, hopefully we can do this today.
            I still haven't heard back from Lowell after my original email anyway, I'm hoping they get back to me today as well, but I'm fully expecting them to say no go my offer.
            All things are possible, don't over think the situation.

Comment

So, I have had a response to my email I sent the other day, Lowell won't budge with regards to the CCJ's, saying they have sent me many letters (I didn't receive many letters, so not entirely sure what happened to these).
              Fact is, they won't accept an offer, and nor will they remove the fees, so now I'm back to square one.

I haven't contacted them yet with regards to my partner's injury, there doesn't seem to be much point now, so not sure where to go from here.

They just said letters were sent regarding both CCJ's, and the court ordered I pay £100 pm and £50 pm respectively.

If they would remove the fees, I could maybe clear them off, but now I'm stuck. I don't have enough to clear them, with fees, and also the defaults

Comment

So, I have had a response to my email I sent the other day, Lowell won't budge with regards to the CCJ's, saying they have sent me many letters (I didn't receive many letters, so not entirely sure what happened to these).
                Fact is, they won't accept an offer, and nor will they remove the fees, so now I'm back to square one.

I haven't contacted them yet with regards to my partner's injury, there doesn't seem to be much point now, so not sure where to go from here.

They just said letters were sent regarding both CCJ's, and the court ordered I pay £100 pm and £50 pm respectively.

If they would remove the fees, I could maybe clear them off, but now I'm stuck. I don't have enough to clear them, with fees, and also the defaults

You need to do as stated previously, the following is information they haven't had the opportunity to consider 'I haven't contacted them yet with regards to my partner's injury, there doesn't seem to be much point now, so not sure where to go from here.'

You also need to state in the letter (with the evidence of injury) that if they aren't willing to consider the above (partners brain injury), that you will lodge a complaint with the FOS.

You can do this.

Comment

Thank you - the email was a bit disheartening that's all, they basically listed out all of the times they'd apparently sent letters, and said I'd not once made any attempt to deal with it - I don't remember any letters, but back then it wasn't a good time. I feel like I'm making excuses, which is what I think they will think as well.

I can't get proof of his Injury, the doctors aren't writing letters for some reason, we are trying to see if we can access his medical records online at the moment, otherwise it will be my word against theirs.

Sorry, who are the FOS?

Comment

Thank you - the email was a bit disheartening that's all, they basically listed out all of the times they'd apparently sent letters, and said I'd not once made any attempt to deal with it - I don't remember any letters, but back then it wasn't a good time. I feel like I'm making excuses, which is what I think they will think as well.

I can't get proof of his Injury, the doctors aren't writing letters for some reason, we are trying to see if we can access his medical records online at the moment, otherwise it will be my word against theirs.

Sorry, who are the FOS?
                    You are not making excuses and definitely don't be disheartened, these companies are difficult to deal with at the best of times, so if you are going through a tough time (your partners brain injury), it's just not a priority. Medical Records is fine, they have Patient Access for medical records.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X