• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCIC chasing overpayment of wages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCIC chasing overpayment of wages

Hello this is my first post.

About four years ago I had a breakdown and went off sick from work. I'm still Ill and can't work. I'm also not entitled to benefits as I missed some NI contributions.

Whilst off sick for over a year, nearly two, I sent my fit notes to my manager and HR in physical and photo form as they requested. Eventually I realised I could never work so I resigned. My manager suggested I wait until the following month then I would get more holiday pay. I did as she said and sent the resignation.

Any and all monies I received from work, I thought I was entitled to as I was doing as they told me.

A year later I got a letter from them saying I owed money for an over payment because my manager and HR had failed to forward my sick notes and resignation on to payroll. They also sent a print out that they say proved I was over paid. They wanted to charge interest and set up a payment plan if I couldn't pay back in full.

I contacted them and told them I did not agree I owed anything as I had done everything asked of me and if I did owe, as I have no income, I can't pay back anyway. They wanted me to give them details of all my expenditure and how much money I get and they wanted me to sign something on the payment plan that said 'I admit I owe X amount' I refused this and told them I have no income.

Emails went back and forth about this and the last one from them said they will get in touch with my manager and the person from HR who I said was at fault for not sending on the information.

I heard nothing then emails and letters came from CCIS asking for me to get in touch. They are saying they MAY do this and that. I've ignored them.

What shall I do?

​​​​​​
    Tags: None

See other thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X