• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

can anyone help or advise me please..... i am worried sick about all this nonsense now

Comment

Dont know what to say... hope some one can advise you xxxxDT
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

seems all this help and advise has come to an end now..... all the help and advise has helped me along the way but now i am totally stumped and it seems i am gonna be bullied into doing what the fos say even tho i dont agree with them.
        I still think taking this to my local court may be more beneficial to me now

Comment

Hi Poochie

I'm baffled by the FOS stance too. I've reported the post to see if we can get any experts in for advice. The week ends are always quiet so we may not get all feedback till next week.
          So people new to the thread don't have to read through everything, can you do a quick summary so we can get people up to speed quicker.

Hang in there x
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by poochie View Post
            ok...I am now intears and cant figure out what the hell is going on with the FOS.

I got another reply today saying they have had look at all the paperwork they have related to my complaints with welcome.

Am I right in saying that Welcome Finance was looking to settle the PPI issue and that the only problem was that whilst following FOS guidelines the rate on the loan that they were proposing was higher than the amount that was on the original loan amount?
            They said empingham can start debt recovery if I do not co-operate with them even though our account is in dispute.
            Why should you co operate with Empingham if you do not know how much you are supposed to pay in the first place?
            He also said that we refused to sign the last loan agreement which welcome sent us, to which we complained about because it was highter interest rate than from when we took out loan etc and it wasnt very favourable and we got advice on here not to sign it, so the gut called Tom Lax at FOS is saying we should ahve signed that loan agreement.
            I think you need to point out that they were asking you to sign an agreement contrary to the settlement of PPI advice that the FOS themselves state
            He also said that welcome finance are within their rights to have been charging us interest since payments stopped. He said they have copy of letter we sent them from welcome in December 2009 saying that they will cease collecting payments whilst investigation into our complaints is fully actioned etc etc, but that they were entitled to still be charging us interest on our loan from that date even though it was welcome who stopped payments and have never accepted payments from us despite me have several copies of letters i have sent recorded delivery asking for new mandate form to re-start payments etc.
            I would ask him clearly how you could have made payments as welcome were effectively not accepting payments for the account?

Basically welcome are correct in everything it seems and we have been fighting a losing battle all this time and any advice on this site has been for nothing coz this guy has come along and said do as yer told and sign on dotted line regardless of whether its right or wrong....

someone please help..... i am now in terrible state
            Poochie, to clarify, you have a PPI complaint, is that correct? That complaint went to the FOS as Welcome Finance sought to re do the loan agreement but with the interest rate higher than your original loan?
            You stopped making payments and did Welcome confirm that they did not require payments whilst they investigated your complaint?

Apologies but joined late late late so to speak
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi Poochie,

Like Leclerc I have come late to this thread, but have had dealings with Welcome in the past (not happy ones).

It is worth posting a summary, possibly I may suggest under a new thread linking to this one as I certainly am put off by threads which I need to read 20 or more pages of information to get the full picture.

What I would say having read what I have this morning is that whatever the FOS are doing, which is contrary to what they should be doing as far as I can tell, two things spring to mind:

1. If it went to court, I very much doubt a judge would regard their conduct as favourable or professional.

2. It may well be worth reading the OFT guidance on debt collection (you may well have done so) picking out all the bits relating to their failings and putting in an official complaint to the OFT and also consider sending it to the local Trading Standards for whichever office is dealing with this issue.

I suspect that while you have mentioned being scared - very understandable with your house secured against this etc... much of this feeling derives from pure frustration of endlessly going round in circles and getting nowhere. Somehow this vicious circle needs breaking and what I have outlined above may help to do this and is certainly worth a try in the situation.

It appears a few newcomers are looking at the thread now which is good,so please don't give up. Hard as I know it is, try to see things as positive.

One thing I do know about Welcome at the moment is that they are targeting people from whom they think they can fairly easily extract money in order to get more cash flow. As you have conducted yourself impecably throughout and stayed in touch with them, I suspect they are seeing you as one of these people at present.

I've asked someone to try to find time to have a look at this for you later on, but she has said a summary would be very useful. If you can do this it would be helpful. It may be the last thing you feel like doing, but could be the first thing you should do.

Above all, take care of yourself andto coin a Yorkshire phrase, "don't let the buggers grind you down!" Especially as there is fresh interest coming along.

Comment

If you have gone through the FOS without a useful outcome, you are not prevented from then going to court.

If the FOS are unreasonable irrational or otherwise counter-productive, their decisions can be taken to Judicial Review (as can failure to act on their part). The FOS have never yet lost at JR.......but there's a first time for everything.

You coudl also contact your MP about the FOS being slow / unreasonable/unhelpful, as the FOS are a govt service.

Comment

lerclerc has hit the nail on the head....... my husband is going to upload original loan and the new agreement they wanted us to sign.
                  I am going to search out the letters from welcome and fos to be uploaded as well and we shall do this tomorrow as i am on nightshift.

we did stop payments at one point as way of gettin welcomes attention coz they stopped replying to letters but payments where re-started and then they stopped payments.
                  We have tried sending letters and making calls etc to make payments all without success.... so to find out that all the time the payments where not being acepted, the fos said they were entitled to charge interest..... That is unbelievable and has shocked me completely considering we have tried over and over to make payments.

thanks to everyone tonight who has contributed something to this post, it is all very much appreciated as always.
                  thankyou so much

Comment

hey guys... i just had quick look through my posts and have found that on page 15 and post number 364 and then 375, they have the photobucket uploads of letter from welcome about offer of refund of ppi and medicare and then the last post on that page shows the offer they were making us.
                    So if anyone has time, those seem to be the important documents that may help you to help me on this.

Thanks again

Comment

also page 17..... post numbers: 403..../415....../.....417...../424

these also have info that might help.

im just goin thru my posts as qyuickly as i can before goin to work.... but i think these posts will give better summary than i could in writing.

thanks again to everyone tonight..... very much appreciated

Comment

Poochie and WFS Summary - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

SUGGEST ALL FUTURE POSTS BE MADE TO LINK ABOVE OR BELOW.

Poochie and WFS Summary - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X