• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

help please......

Comment

• Seems the "usual" tactics of Welcome cannot think of anythink else to tell you
      We had two similar letters from Incasso, general advice as elsewhere is do NOT telephone them everything in writing, and hold your nerve
      xx dt
      Just done a quick "look" Seems Elpingham are related to CABOT looks like the same offices on the site I looked at someone elso may confrm this
      Last edited by dogtired; 10th August 2011, 09:13:AM.
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by jules64 View Post
        Hi all, just joined this site hoping I can get some advice regarding my WF loan. I have attached a copy of the signed agreement & also the Medicare policy which I was unaware I had. This loan reached the end of its term last year however due to having 3 or 4 months arrears payments on the account they told me I still owed them nearly £3k!!! I have been paying the £100 per month of this balance but it doesn't seem to be coming down as they are still charging me interest plus they are phoning me constantly and sending me letters for which they are adding costs onto my account. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
        Do as Poochie tells you, it seems that your "cover" is little more that ppi by any other name and depending when it was issued you cn seek compensation via the FSCS or Welcome themselves, but dont hold your breath both seem to be taking forever look up else where for further help as most of this I have got from this site
        xx DT

Comment

so do i have to deal with this empingham agency even tho our account in dispute with welcome and fos?
          Im stuck as to wat im supposed to be doin now and no one seems to be helpin me now.
          thanks for info dogtired...... hope your havin some luck your end

Comment

The response you have sent to Empingham seems the right way to go. You have sent them evidence the account is with the FOS so if they continue to harass you that would be deemed harassment.
            You should definitely not have to be dealing with them whilst the account is in formal dispute.
            Keep us posted if you hear any more.
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Yes I did that with Incasso not a word for Welcome at all and nothing for a while from FOS almost three years now

Comment

they are saying now that we must make arrangement to start paying the account to them and they wont charge any interest.
                I have told them i am dealing with someone at cattles and the fos and they say if i dont deal with them they will take legal action so i am worried about wat to do.
                I didnt think they could do this whilst account in dispute...... wat should i do now? can i just refuse to deal with them and if so then wat if they take legal action?..... Im really scared now

Comment

Scared of what? - they cant do anything to you anyway, they have no legal power over you whatsoever, only a court does and you have so many legal rights/protections etc...thats why these clowns wont go anywhere near a court.
                  Rpeort them to the OFT & trading standards if they refuse to stop harassing you and stay off the phone to them/refuse to answer security questions.

Comment

Originally posted by poochie View Post
                    they are saying now that we must make arrangement to start paying the account to them and they wont charge any interest.
                    I have told them i am dealing with someone at cattles and the fos and they say if i dont deal with them they will take legal action so i am worried about wat to do.
                    I didnt think they could do this whilst account in dispute...... wat should i do now? can i just refuse to deal with them and if so then wat if they take legal action?..... Im really scared now
                    So it's time to get them scared in return!

Do not just threaten to report those oafs - actually do report them, by phoning Consumer Direct on 0845 4 04 05 06 today.

Also tell your contact at the Fundamentally Ornamental Service, of course, but don't expect him/her to do very much.

Comment

i am scared because our loan with welcome was secured on our property. At the moment we are in trust deed until december this year so we are worried they may force sale of our home.

I have contacted my source at FOS and have had no reply..... not has cattles claims team responded to my e-mails and they usually answer me quickly.

Do i contact this company and tell them i am not dealing with them because account is in dispute and then just ignore them?.....
                      why is cattles/welcome doin this anyway..... its just more hassles and makiing things more complicated dealing with a debt recovery agency especially whilst this account is in dispute.

this just gets worse and my nerves are terrible again

thanx to you both for replying.... all help and advice much appreciated

Comment

To force a sale of your home they would need to take you to court, it is doubtful that tyhe court would look too kindly on their activities of involving Empingham whilst your case is in a valid dispute and is lodged with the FOS.

Please don't panic, they are just trying to extract money from you, assuming you are naive and ill-informed. You are neither. :beagle:
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

i got e-mail reply from welcome after i asked them why empingham are chasin us and not welcome and especially since account in dispute.... They said they will investigate and reply within next 5 days.

I will wait to see if they do.... then contact empingham and refuse to deal with them.
                          I have written e-mail to our trust deed manager and waitin on response from him as well.... Hopefully he can advise or contact empingham.

thanx for all helpful advice....... its always much appreciated

Comment

i recieved e-mail from FOS today again. the guy is asking for brief outline of our dispute with welcome finance as they cnnot find all paperwork i have sent them in past.
                            It seems they want to go over all this from scratch without giving me an amswer as to whether empingham can get involved or not.

I am gettin ill with the stress now..... can anyone advise or help?
                            How can the FOS do this.... I thought they were better organised and there to help us in our disputes...... seems i am wrong.

Comment

It seems almost typical for the Faffing and Obstructive Service.

Comment

ok...I am now intears and cant figure out what the hell is going on with the FOS.

I got another reply today saying they have had look at all the paperwork they have related to my complaints with welcome.
                                They said empingham can start debt recovery if I do not co-operate with them even though our account is in dispute.
                                He also said that we refused to sign the last loan agreement which welcome sent us, to which we complained about because it was highter interest rate than from when we took out loan etc and it wasnt very favourable and we got advice on here not to sign it, so the gut called Tom Lax at FOS is saying we should ahve signed that loan agreement.
                                He also said that welcome finance are within their rights to have been charging us interest since payments stopped. He said they have copy of letter we sent them from welcome in December 2009 saying that they will cease collecting payments whilst investigation into our complaints is fully actioned etc etc, but that they were entitled to still be charging us interest on our loan from that date even though it was welcome who stopped payments and have never accepted payments from us despite me have several copies of letters i have sent recorded delivery asking for new mandate form to re-start payments etc.
                                Basically welcome are correct in everything it seems and we have been fighting a losing battle all this time and any advice on this site has been for nothing coz this guy has come along and said do as yer told and sign on dotted line regardless of whether its right or wrong....

someone please help..... i am now in terrible state

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X