• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

Looks like they have upped your APR from 17% to 20.5%..Thats not putting you in a position as if PPI was never included. They are just charging you in a different way!!!!

Your statement should also display your APR. I know in my case the APR listed on my loan statement is incorrect. I would double check this.

what do the FOS advise?

Stewie

Comment

Done this to us too.
      No dates on the form or a copy for us ( tought they had to supply this) not out of the woods yet!
      FOS say they can only "advise" and readng between the lines are unhappy with the way Welcome have handled all ppi claims made through them,
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

We have not contacted FOS as yet.... I was waitin to see wat advice was given on here.
        We have no intention of signin this agreement and I will be writin letters to them again this weekend and will contact FOS to see wat they say
        Can they change the interest rates from wen loan began?..... It is like you say, they want to still charge us but usin diffent way of doin it...... We just aint happy at all because all their stallin tactics are underhand to say the least....... Thanx guys

Comment

Welcome claim in the reply made to you. They will refund you all PPI applied to the loan and all interest applied.

The idea is to put you back to the same position as if the PPI was never applied to the loan. They are not doing that. The agreement should be on the same terms and conditions as the loan in March 2005.

As far as I can see, the original loan you signed in 2005 and this new one are worlds apart and the terms are totally different.

- Interest rates are different
          - Payment reminders and penalties now apply
          - The contract is not dated

I also cannot see why your repayments only reduce by such a small amount. I think this is wrong, it should be about £255 a month. On the new APR they want you to pay you will be paying back £318, now doesnt that number look ever so similar to what you are paying back now??

With the APR refund you should ask for the capital and interest to be charged at 20.5% plus statutory interest of 8% compounded monthly.

Just some of my comments.

Stew

Comment

ok so do I just write to them statin all you have said and see wat they say then contact fos to see how they can help?

Thanx for all help and advice...much appreciated

Comment

Any more views on this guys
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              I forgot to mention that welcome wrote to me about 2wks ago sayin they will refund the charges for calls and letters as good will gesture but that has not been mentioned in new agreement either...... Help still needed coz Im sure they still messin us about
              Last edited by poochie; 5th January 2010, 23:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Got another form yestreday still not dated or signed by them but at last a copy. Still not going to sign it as terms and conditions are diferent and interest rate is also different.
                no sign either of the £200 compensation that was also supposed to have been applied or the promised refund of all the charges that were agreed to.

Comment

ok so do we write to welcome tellin them we aint signing and explain or do we take it to fos to see wat they say....... Or do we do both coz they cant be allowed to do this

Comment

I would write to Welcome and the FOS poochie.x

Comment

Ok I have written up a letter and will post it to welcome tomorrow and also send fos copy of dodgy agreement along with out reply to it.
                      Where has luggerbugs gone....he usually full of advice for this sort of thing

Stewie if you in same position, have you declined new agreement and written to them about it?...wat stage is your complaint at so far?

Thanx to all offerin advice etc...much appreciated

Comment

I think Luggeer is at sea at the moment, no doubt he'll nip in when he gets back.
                        Is no longer here

Comment

ok I have written to welcome declinin to sign the agreement and listed our reasons.
                          I also sent copy to fos of letter we wrote in reply to agreement along with agreement.
                          I then got call from fos gentleman who has been asigned our case because he deals in secured loans etc.
                          I brought him up to date with welcome and explained I had just posted agreement to fos to see along with our reply...
                          He actually laughed and said I am giving welcome a run for their money and he couldnt agree or disagree with our reasons for not signin agreement but he looks forward to seein it and then he will write and get more info from welcome and keep me updated on wats happening.
                          He also mentioned that they could give welcome a period of say 12wks to amicably sort it properly with realistic figures and same terms and conditions etc and if they dont then I could raise action in court against them and have full backin of the courts because I used fos to try resolve the issue over a number of months without any success.... He will wait and see agreement and then advise me after he has contacted welcome again

Has anyone else been advised like this and does it ring true or was he spinnin me nonsense?

Comment

Nice man at fos told us the same posted the form with letter declining it on the grounds it is entirely different and does not take into account what we have paid to date.
                            Think they have lots of problems as he told me he was not allowoed to "comment" as they are supposed to be impartial.
                            Its good to know that someone elso is getting the run
                            around with these idiots.
                            good luck:tinysmile_cry_t:
                            Last edited by dogtired; 8th January 2010, 07:59:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

So I take it your at same stage with them dogtired?....
                              Lets hope we get better agreement to sign and full refund..... My letter wasnt polite to welcome and I do intend raisin court action if they dont get there butts in gear soon...this has gone on too long and its stallin tactics in my opinion...
                              Like the guy at fos says.... I have used them to try sort it all out amicably and welcome bein naughty and not doin things correctly so I may have better luck with a judge.....lol

Comment

Looks like it Poochie. Did you see my post re phone calls? Discovered that i can "bar" them from caling us "Chose to refuse" (BT)
                                I have a wad of letter going back five years now and they as much as admitted mid last yeyar that it was unenforeceable but never got that in writing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X