• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Idem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, the account was for a credit card, at a guess I'd say the card was taken out 15 years ago approx. I've paid £30/month to Idem for years. I did ask for a settlement figure about 5 years ago but they didnt want to know.

On another note, I also had a loan with Lloyd's (taken out 2006, 583/month was the payment). Times got tough and this debt became unaffordable. I got Lloyd's to reduce the monthly payment to £200/month and then they passed it to several different collection agencies over the years. Most recently with PRA Group. I've never missed or been late with a payment. They sent me a statement recently there was about £6,000 still to pay.

I'm having a big financial sort out at the moment, is it worth sending a CCA request to them or should I just keep paying?

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Still no response. Do you think I should keep paying?

Regards

AM

Comment

CCA to them (sounds cash cowed by all the collection companies?) CCA Request with £1.00 Posta Order., send proof of posting, keep copy on a file and keep responses the same, after 12+2 unenforceable until they produce even then many things make problems for them regards CCA etc

Comment

Definitely worth sending CCA request, keep proof of posting but no need to worry about the £1 payment anymore.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine i guess you may be thinking of the DPA requests that dont need a fee? The fee remains a requirement of the legislation. If there is no fee then the request has no legal bite and cannot then render the agreement unenforceable unfortunately if they dont comply.
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

As mentioned, Idem couldn't produce CCA, they said they would speak to original lender. 2 months in and no response. Time to stop the standing order??

Thanks

Comment

If you keep paying them, even though not sure if its enforceable or not so then there won't be any motivation for them to settle for less fiqure. They paid pennies to a pound and they would get full figure in 10 years js a good investment.

Comment

Have to agree - have you had anything further from them? You could write stating as they have not complied you are reducing your payment to token £1 until they produce the agreement.
                  Cannot be enforced means 'court judgment' against you. So they can write, phone and demand repayment but they cannot seek judgment unless the CCA is produced. Please note Judgment is the end of a court case, not the issuing of a claim. It does happen that occasionally people in this situation receive a court claim, but do not fear, this can be defended fully.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X