• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Data Protection Licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Protection Licence

Hello I hope all are well.
    I have made 3 SAR requests to DCA who state on all that they are the Data processor and not the controller. This I understand, but my issue is I want the data they are holding not necessarily the creditors data which I have obtained direct. The reason being I am absolutely sure they have used tactics that are against the DCA conduct directives. I have checked that they hold a data protection licence and found three registered at different addresses I have applied to all three but get the same reply.
    My understanding of the law is that when acting as the processor it is self explanatory, but if they are holding data across a number of accounts, for 1 person, they are the controller and if that subject wants all of the data then surely they are entitled, am I barking mad or is this correct?
    Tags: None

I would contact the information commissioners office and tell them what the debt collection company are saying and why you want data from the processor ( ie you believe they are holding different/additional data than provided by the controller )
    Originally posted by ICO
    If we use a processor, does this mean they would have to deal with any subject access requests we receive?

Responsibility for complying with a subject access request lies with you as the controller. You need to ensure that you have contractual arrangements in place to guarantee that subject access requests are dealt with properly, irrespective of whether they are sent to you or to the processor. More information about contracts and liabilities between controllers and processors can be found here.

Is this a consumer credit debt ? If so, when you mention 'dca conduct directives' do you mean the FCA CONC rules/guidance ? ( https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand.../?view=chapter ) That would entail a formal complaint to the firm regarding the breaches and then take the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes I could escalate to complaint although I think that the data file will reveal a much deeper seated problem and it might be more prudent to wait.
      i shall contact ICO for further advice thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X