• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Style Limted - letters received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Style Limted - letters received

Hi there, about six weeks a go I received a letter from a company called Credit Style Ltd requesting payment for an outstanding debt of £1453.00. The debt is for invoices owed to Emma Mattress, ownership of this debt taken on by Payolution GmbH, a client of Credit Style Ltd.

I had never even heard of Emma Mattress let alone purchased anything from them. I tried to contact Credit Style Ltd in the first instance however they were closed. Emma Mattress appears to be a German company with the only form of contact via an online contact form, as yet I've not had a response. I contacted CAB who did not really offer much advice other than don't pay anything. I contacted Experian as I pay for what I though was extra protection and help and they were shockingly poor. I eventually contacted Credit Style Ltd who informed me they would look into the matter.

I have today received another letter from Credit Style Ltd stating that as I had not contacted them regarding the outstanding debt they are threatening a CCJ. I'm starting to get stressed by this. I don't know what to do next other than see a Solicitor but I can't spending hundreds of pounds on legal advice. I feel a bit stuck in truth.
    Tags: None

Send them a CCA Request with proof of postage. Template here https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/ then post up reply when you receive it.

Just print your name at end of letter.

Comment

Hi Stuh, did you manage to get this resolved? I've heard a couple of instances of Credit Style Limited being very poor to deal with so I'm just if/how you managed to fix this irritating scenario.

For others reading this thread, before getting in contact with a debt collector like Credit Style asking for proof or sending them a CCA request, you should simply check your credit file first to see if there is an outstanding default with any of the companies mentioned on the debt letter.

Credit Style, like many debt collectors, send out bulk letters to hundreds of addresses trying to the right debtor and a secondary affect of this is that people who do not owe debts receive letters at their address and start to panic. You should never do this but simply check your credit file first and if nothing is clear then you can send a proof it letter.
      If you are being harrassed by Credit Style Limited debt collectors, learn how to stop their phone calls and letters by...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X