• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA letter how to proceed ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA letter how to proceed ?

hi
    i got a letter from DCA saying they are the new owners of o2 debt , and would like me to pay the outstanding balance , no other details are provided , i left the country in 2012 jan as my visa was expiring and my visa renewal was denied later from my country , hence i couldnt return in 2012 and pay , what are my options and also its been more than 6 years now so is the debt not statue barred ?
    Last edited by nbhai1960; 27th November 2018, 15:06:PM.
    Tags: None

6 years statute barred statute of limitations kicks in if you have not corresponded etc in that time, Amethyst

and do not reside in this country => how did you get their letter? They have bought a :-
    Attached Files

Comment

hi mike, thanks , i am back in the country now , should i wait for them to send more info before i respond with a debt is "staute barred" letter

Comment

if no admittance/correspondence then send statute barred - see what Ame has to say 1st?

Comment

Firstly - do you have any idea when the O2 account was opened ?

I know your last payment was January 2012, however if you took the contract out in November 2011 and it was an 18 month contract it may not have terminated/defaulted until May 2013 and they have successfully argued previous default/termination date as the cause of action for limitations.

What I might do if you aren't currently under imminent threat of a CCJ is send a Subject Access Request to O2 to find out exactly what happened after you left the country >> SAR/DPA Letter
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

@Amethyst , o2 says they dont have any info and the account has been closed and outstanding balance is zero , so i am guessing they must have sold the info to dca and closed the account ,

what should be my next move , can you please advise

Comment

Have you heard any further from the DCA? That was quite a quick response from O2 - I don't believe they don't retain any info at all to send under your Data request...they must hold some data to be able to tell you the account has been closed with a zero balance.

See if you get further contact from the DCA and then you're likely okay to respond and say you don't have any details, you've been in touch with O2 and they also hold no details, the debt is statute barred.and they should cease contacting you.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Have you heard any further from the DCA? That was quite a quick response from O2 - I don't believe they don't retain any info at all to send under your Data request...they must hold some data to be able to tell you the account has been closed with a zero balance.

See if you get further contact from the DCA and then you're likely okay to respond and say you don't have any details, you've been in touch with O2 and they also hold no details, the debt is statute barred.and they should cease contacting you.
                Amethyst Yes I did receive a letter yesterday , they are asking me to get in touch with them and arrange for affordable payments , if I send them a debt statue letter , what would be their likely response , let say if the debt was not statue barred they should comeback with proof that's it's not statue barred , right ?

Comment

Yes. They'll likely come pack and say when the account defaulted or terminated but yes they will need to evidence it. Did O2 say when it was sold on ? Is there any sign of it on your credit file ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst , don't see anything on the credit file , and spoke to O2 on the phone and they couldn't find any data except account was closed with zero balance , put in a SAR request via email to O2 ,so will see if they come back with any dates
                    And also would it be possible to send you a private message on some additional details ?

Comment

Amethyst , hi O2 Came back and said ,I need to provide a driving licence or utility bill within recent 3 months , they are not accepting my passport as ID ,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X