• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SLL Capital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On their correspondence they state original debt was £185 and now stands at £155, indicating a payment was made. Going to ask for confirmation of this, but something nagging in my head there might have been.

Will post agreements up later when in from work. Thanks for the assistance

Comment

Sorry, solicitors are acting for SLL, Moriarty Law.

Comment

Hi all

So, looking to bring this post back to life as i’ve recently received further correspondence from Moriaty Law.

In this they have enclosed an ‘original agreement’, a ‘letter of assignment (albeit not on any company letterhead and unsigned), default notice and statement saying a payment of £30 was made in 2014.

I’ll attempt to upload the documents and any comments would be appreciated.

From my point of view, I’m guessing it’s whether the original terms are legal and valid and potential issue around the default notice? This was issued in 2018 when by sLL when I’m assuming normal process would have been for this to be done by the original lender in 2013?

Thanks in advance

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...tch?id=1402898
          is the DN

An assignee can issue the DN if the OC didn't default the debt before sale which in your case it doesn't seem that they did and as speed e loans went into admin the loan was sold live before default.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

Thanks. Yes that was the DN (which they had sent previously). Have not kept any paperwork or correspondence from that time, but assuming no way of finding out if OC would have issued a DN prior to going in to administration.

Attached Files

Comment

Additional docs received
              Attached Files

Comment

The agreement terminated on 27/1/2012

Assignment 16/10/2013

The default notice is dated 24/4/2018 ... pt2537 - can they do default over 6 yrs after the agreement ended ?

Were there any rollovers etc ?

do you have any evidence from your side that a payment was made in 2014 ?

The total amount payable on the agreement is £326 so how is the amount at default £153 if you only made a £30 payment - or were there other payments in between ? You mentioned you thought last payment was April 2012 - do those payments pre SLL show on the transaction list they sent ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Did you blank these bits out or is that how it came?
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-03-22 12_14_09-Start.png Views:	1 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	1457378

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-22 12_16_41-Action Centre.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1457380
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry also...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-22 12_18_53-Start.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1457382

and the terms and conditions ...... ? what's after that and did they provide those ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

No need to apologise! Nothing following terms and conditions and these weren’t provided.

I didnt blank out parts re interest payments, that’s how the document came.

no evidence from my side a payment was made in 2014, but not 100% saying there wasn’t one. Nothing has been sent in reference to any payments made prior before SLL were involved

Comment

YOU WHAT?????????????
                        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Its a fixed sum loan that expires at the end of the term

A DN isnt needed, so they can whistle, due and payable on expiry
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Nice one.

Now to figure out if you actually did make a payment in 2014 as alleged .... have they given you the date that alleged payment was made? Would you normally have paid by card on the phone ? Can you ask your bank to check around the date alleged if a payment was made ? Would have to have been to SLL Capital as they took it over end of 2013.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yeah they’ve given a specific date in June 2014. I’ve changed banks since 2014 so will go in to a branch on Monday and see if they can give any details to confirm (would imagine should be fairly easy to check a specific date on my old account).

I would have paid by card over the phone if any payment had been made.

Comment

This shouldn't be on your credit file either btw regardless of whether you made a payment in 2014 - it ended in 2012 and that end date is when it should have been reported as defaulted for CRA purposes - they can't just realise they forgot and send an irrelevant DN over 6 years later and start reporting as a new default.

The agreement isn't complete so is non compliant with the cca request thus unenforceable as it stands.

If there was no payment in 2014 then it'd also be statute barred.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X