• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asset Collections Investigations/TM legal services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Collections Investigations/TM legal services

If you need help dealing with TM Legal please make a thread on the forum -> MAKE NEW THREAD

Had a debt with Lending Stream and received the occasional text from ACI asking me to contact them. Then in November got a CCJ form through; to my regret I accepted the debt as it now seems they're generally shambolic and I may have been able to fight it. I have made two payments to them as ordered by the CCJ, but they have sent emails telling me to contact TM legal services regarding the CCJ management, and I have also received emails from TM legal themselves with their own payment offers and bank details. They have repeatedly ignored my requests to contact me by post - they seem to have an aversion to anything by mail, other than the CCJ form which came from the court. I have spoken to ACI today and they insist that a notice of assignment to TM legal is permitted to be served by email - even though it's a hotmail account and emails can be sent to junk folder and even though the CCJ certainly couldn't be filed via email.

Can anyone confirm what the legalities are on this? I have repeatedly asked for postal contact only. Which has been ignored, and although they've received my payments they are still insistent that the debt is now legally assigned to TM legal due to the emails. Even though the CCJ from the court does not mention paying them.
    Tags: None

Were TM Legal acting for Asset in the claim ?

You should write to TM legal and withdraw your permission for them to contact you by email and telephone.

If you have a copy of the notice of assignment that would be useful. If TM Legal are not acting FOR Asset then they would need to apply to the court to change the owner of the Judgment debt.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X