• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solution Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution Finance

Does anyone else have a card with Solution? Apparently now taken overby Littlewoods?

Mrs LB had a card with them. I say HAD because apparently Littlewoods will now be servicing the accounts. She had a letter out about March saying pretty much that, but to date, has not had a new card. A call to Littlewoods using the number quoted shows there is no record. Now, under normal circumstances, I'd be tempted to say, fine!!! No card, no account, no way we're paying. Except!!!

She always pays her card on time, the full amount. But back in Feb I think it was, she overpaid. And now Solution has 20 odd quid of HER money, that she can't access.

SHe's written a letter to explain, but the eejits haven't bothered replying. Soooo. I think a letter before action is required, telling them we'll be involving the FOS unless they tell her what's going on.

How nice it is to be chasing THEM for money owed for a change. I rather hope this goes all the way to court. All for the sake of 20 quid. LOL
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Re: Solution Finance

Who were Solution run by before ?

''...... Littlewoods Card which is done by Littlewoods Personal Finance, which is a trading name for Solution Personal Finance Limited''
    Last edited by Amethyst; 22nd April 2008, 15:49:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Where did you get that from Ame? As far as I know, it's always been Solution. Sounds from the bit you quote that it's been Solution all along, and they are only now just rebranding the cards under the Littlewoods name?
      My Blog

Comment

Well thats kind of what I was thinking and confusing myself over.

You got any paperwork about from solution that might give more clues? I'd never heard of them before.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I'll dig out the letters and see if there's anything more than a standard address. I'll try looking for their data controller too. That might be a better idea, as that will give me somewhere to send a SAR. Might as well hammer them for that too if they decide to keep ignoring us.
          My Blog

Comment

Here we go...

Registration Number: Z7350140
            Date Registered: 12 November 2002 Registration Expires: 11 November 2008

Data Controller: SOLUTION PERSONAL FINANCE LIMITED

Address:
            SIR JOHN MOORES BUILDING
            100 OLD HALL STREET
            LIVERPOOL
            L70 1AB
            My Blog

Comment

Littlewoods plc - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Littlewoods plc

Sir John Moores Building
              100 Old Hall Street
              Liverpool, Merseyside L70 1DX
              United Kingdom

Principal Subsidiaries: Business Express Couriers Ltd.; Centreville Estates (Holdings) Ltd.; H Littlewood (Scotland) Ltd.; H Littlewood Ltd.; Harrogate Hotels Ltd.; Inside Story Ltd.; J & C Moores (Direct) Ltd.; Littlewoods Chain Stores Holdings Ltd.; Littlewoods Property Developments Ltd.; Littlewoods Property Ltd.; Littlewoods Hampers Ltd.; Littlewoods International (Far East) Limited (Hong Kong); Littlewoods International Ltd.; Littlewoods Mail Order Stores Ltd.; Littlewoods of England Ltd.; Littlewoods Retail Ltd.; Brian Mills Ltd.; Burlington Warehouses Ltd.; C D M S Ltd.; Home Shopping Network (U K) Ltd.; Imagination Homeshop Ltd.; Index Ltd.; Janet Frazer Ltd.; John Moores Home Shopping Service Ltd.; Littlewoods Home Shopping Finance Ltd.; Littlewoods Stores Ltd.; Littlewoods Warehouses Ltd.; M.C. Hitchen & Sons Ltd.; Nationwide Debt Recovery Ltd.; Peter Craig Ltd.; Shopping Mail Ltd.; The Home Shopping Channel Ltd.; Littlewoods Secretarial Services Ltd.; Littlewoods 2000 Ltd.; Liverpool Mail Order Stores Ltd.; Liverpool Stadium Ltd.; Shopping Post Ltd.; The Catalogue Shop Ltd.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

They have fingers in an awful lot of pies, don't they. :tinysmile_aha_t:
                My Blog

Comment

Now this could get VERY interesting. I wrote to complain about this last week, and this is what turns up:

A copy of my letter, attached to a compliment slip from Barclaycard. Telling us that the account has been sold to EQUIDEBT?

How can they sell on an account that is in CREDIT????? By doin so, they have assigned an account that is a BURDEN rather than a BENEFIT.

Is this a first? Just exactly how much fun this is going to be, I have no idea. But I think we'll be taking SOMEONE to court. Whether it's Barclaycard or Equidebt, I really don't care. But I want the bailiffs in to grab £21.75's worth of paperclips from SOMEONE.

In fact, Solutions/Littlewoods/Barclaycard have sold a debt on without issuing a default notice. Which they quite clearly couldn't in the circumstances anyway. I think, no matter what, Barclaycard are going to have to take a hit on this. EEJITS.
                  My Blog

Comment

Have they entered anything on your credit file ?

And are you absolutely sure the accounts in credit ? (sorry just checking cause as you say its a little bizarre)
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

It MAY not be in credit, if the have been adding on anything naughty in between changing to Littlewoods. However, the very last thing we ever had from Solutions was that she was in credit. And without being able to use her card, and never being issued a card by Littlewoods, they needn't think they can suddenly introduce any PPI or whatever by the back door.

She phone Equidebt today, who have no record as yet that the debt is now theirs. So I think a letter of complaint and a SAR is in order to Barclaycard. I can feel a complaint to the FOS, and the OFT coming on. Hmm. And since there was no reason to assign the debt (surely if they didn't want her as a customer, they should merely have terminated the contract), then they have no right to be passing her data on to a third party. I guess the ICO will be interested also.

I'll get her credit file and see what's on there. Oh, dear. I do hope there is a default. Some compo woud be nice.
                      My Blog

Comment

All sounds a bit daft really doesn't it.

Definately a complete SAR in order.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I knew you'd say that.
                          My Blog

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X