• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal and section 75

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paypal and section 75

Originally posted by dantheaxeman View Post
    Thanks Walesman, unfortunately the supplier are even worse. Giving the retailers their due, they are trying to do their best to help (obviously without impacting their own pocket)
    Well, they were playing nice...

Good Afternoon Dan,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My Director has advised that
    you need to contact Sylmar directly as the issue is a manufacturing one.
    The address to forward any correspondence to is:-

Sylmar Technology Limited,

Azalea Close,

Clover Nook Industrial Park

Somercotes,

Alfreton,

Derbyshire,

DE55 4QX

We believe that this is the best course of action as the Distance Selling
    Regulations do not cover your reasons for return.

Comment

Looking good, the bank are planning to pay 50% as a gesture of goodwill. I am attempting to get the retailer to stump up the rest.

Comment

small claim issued

Comment

As a kitchen fitter myself with over 20 years experience I feel I should point out that no laminated worktop mitre joints will ever be seamless, you will always be able to see a mitre joint regardless of what colour fill is used.
          It's down to the fitter's skills to disguise the mitre the best he can, can you feel the mitre if you run your hand over it? if you can then it is down to the fitter not the manufacturer.
          The mitre should feel relatively smooth (no lift on the join) the mitre should have had biscuits placed along the length of the join, this stops one side of the mitre lifting from the other mitre.
          The fitter should have checked the worktop from one end to the other for scratches/marks and imperfections before using it, if he found anything wrong with the worktop then he should have rejected the worktop and informed you.
          If he didn't do this and fitted damaged worktops then it is down to him to replace the worktops at his own expense.
          Unfortunately! there are too many area's for blame here (manufacturers fault but fitted, fitter damaged worktops and said nothing, customer damaged worktops before/during or after they were fitted).
          The only seamless worktops that I'm aware of are Solid surface tops such as corian and composite stone.

I've come across a lot of damaged worktops over the years and I've learnt the hard way by not closely inspecting them first, so long as the worktops have not been cut then the manufacturer should replace them.
          One more thing! deal with your point of sale, they supplied the worktops to you not the manufacturer. Why should you do their running around for them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X