• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI & CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI & CCA

Some time back 'over the road' a post was made on a thread I'd started about a credit card by a member that...

''PPI premiums are not legally allowed to be added to the credit balance.

In doing so, the agreement is voided because interest is thus charged on the PPI premiums. They can only charge interest on sums borrowed.''

''The PPI premiums will have been added to the credit balance and thus the interest rate is far higher than stated and so the prescribed terms are wrong- and so the agreement is totally unenforceable anyway.''

The poster had made successful claims against BC and also emailed me a BBC Radio 4 "You and Yours" interview with a solictor which explains the above.

This was over 12 months ago and I don't think I've read a post 'here' or 'there' where this argument has been used.

Has any one on here considered or actually used this argument when defending a court case or challenging a CCA?

Re: PPI & CCA

Sorry,I haven't heard of it. Would have thought it can't be that well known otherwise everyone and God's dog would be using it lol. Regarding challenging a CCA, in what respect?
    Is no longer here

Comment

Sorry,I haven't heard of it. Would have thought it can't be that well known otherwise everyone and God's dog would be using it lol.
      That's what I find strange--but it worked for the poster..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ead.php?168312

Regarding challenging a CCA, in what respect?
      Prescribed term APR would be wrong according to the poster.

The copy of the radio interview is in a .wav file of 2mb which I can email to you if you want--bit difficult to follow but on second [or third!!] listening it starts to make sense!

Comment

Thanks, but no thanks. I was just curious, CCA really doesn't do it for me, probably because I don't have any CCA issues myself. I just sort of learn as I go along by reading other peoples threads. I'd proibaly lose the will to live after the first hearing, and be slitting my wrists by halfway through the second lol.
        Is no longer here

Comment

also worked in the case of mbna v lynne thorius.

PF
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            also worked in the case of mbna v lynne thorius.

PF
            Hi pompey--up late!

Is there a link to mbna v lynne thorius?

Comment

Here you go take your pick

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              As you can see it was well publicised.
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st October 2010, 00:39:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Pompey, I can't see where Thouris is relevant to 'PPI premiums are not legally allowed to be added to the credit balance.'
                MBNA -v- LYNNE THORIUS - SOLICITORS OPTIMA LEGAL SERVICES
                is the transcript.

There is another case which I cant for the life of me recall the names where it was stated that whether an amount in in total credit or total charge for credit it can still attract interest.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Noomills case was no agreement produced, they produced a barclaycard agreement instead of a Morgan Stanley one. they settled out of court and the question of interest on the PPI wasnt raised, so not really that sure of the relevance of the link you posted to his Ms/barclaycard thread ?

On other note I looked at your thread over there to check what noomill had said (25 Days Late,3.5 Kilos Of SAR Arrives With 1989 Agreement ) and like the piccie of your SAR tower lol.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The Unfair Relationships Test, rears its head again...

Comment

Amethyst. ''..like the piccie of your SAR tower lol.''
                      If I added all the DCA's letters to it that I have since received I'd need to stand much further away to fit it all into the lens!

Due to the hundreds of thousands of DSAR and FOI requests there must be vast deforested areas of our planet directly attributable to the introduction of these two acts!!:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X