• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jax v M&S - a good result

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jax v M&S - a good result

Having used Tools Barclaycard 'template' once again requesting a refund of charges on 14 July, I had a response on 22 July (8 days!!! do I beat Tools on this??) offering 100% refund (11 x £12) plus CONTRACTUAL interest at 23.9% giving a total of £221.84.

Quite impressive methinks!

So a word of encouragement to everyone - don't give and keep applying for those credit card charges.

ON ANOTHER NOTE - I've just noticed from my statements that I'm paying exhorbitant PPI charges.

I need to accept the offer of the penalty charges HOWEVER I need to agree not to make any other claims relating to charges for this period. - ANY SUGGESTIONS as to what I should reply please??

ta muchly
    jaxx

Re: jax v M&S - a good result

Well I'd go back to them and say ''well thanks for that look forwards to the credit/cheque, and while we;re at it, I've noticed you seem to be adding PPI to the account that I never asked for (if you didnt) be a love and knock that off the balance too would ya'' or words to that general effect ?

What do you reckon ?

ps. yep beat Tools' 9 days, but someone's just got 5 days !!!!
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Make sure first Jax that the PPI is of no use to you ie you can not make a claim. :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Thanks guys - bummer on the 5 days Ames!!!!

Actually just thinking about it - I did make a claim about 4 years ago when I broke my leg and was off work for 4 months - I could actually make a claim now as I'm not working so it might be that it could be of use - although I think the total of all premiums now outweigh the balance on the card!! LOL

jax

Comment

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
          Thanks guys - bummer on the 5 days Ames!!!!

Actually just thinking about it - I did make a claim about 4 years ago when I broke my leg and was off work for 4 months - I could actually make a claim now as I'm not working so it might be that it could be of use - although I think the total of all premiums now outweigh the balance on the card!! LOL

jax
          Well if you make a claim and refuse then it ws mis sold so win, win imho

Comment

Well I did think you may want to make a claim, ummm also if you have made a claim on it and been paid out, you can't very well go for misselling or saying you didnt know you had it etc lol... I'd keep it on there and claim on it if you need to.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes thanks Ame - I'll see what they'll pay me!!

I'll let you know.

PS could you look at my Llloyds CC charge thread please?? Just need a bit of advice about replying.

Ta muchly
              xx

Comment

Well done Jax, over the moon for you.

As for the clause relating to further claims and accepting further charges, do you think there are any more charges (past or that you may now incur due to your current work status) on the account?

If not then just accept the refund and ask them to deduct it from the balance of the outstanding account. If you think there may be more charges then write back accepting the refund but expressing that you will not forgo your rights to make further requests for refunds of charges incurred.

The PPI, I agree, you have already had use of it and may have a valid claim at the moment. Look into making a claim Jax xx.
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanx Tools - I only have one more charge which is this month's. I'm planning on settling the balance in full - there's not much on it - so once they have credited my account I'll send the balance less £12.

As far as PPI is concerned - it has only just dawned on me that I can make a claim so I'll go ahead with that - in fact, that will probably more than settling the outstanding debt anyway.

Bless you
                  x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X