• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shas V Barclaycard **Accidental Success!**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shas V Barclaycard **Accidental Success!**

I sent a preliminary fishing letter out to barclaycard asking for a refund of charges on all accounts I have with them...

I have a bcard with cabot, 1 with moorcroft & a current barclaycard with a £50 limit (my choice)on it-which I use if somewhere doesn't take maestro...

Today I received a letter which only acknowledged the current card I use with them & they are refunding it with £48 + £3.84 @ 8% interest as a gesture of goodwill! They are all of the charges that the account has had
    Last edited by shas; 12th August 2009, 11:45:AM.
    :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Re: Shas V Barclaycard **Accidental Success!**

So are you going to chase them for the other Barclaycard account charges now?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I've sar'd them & wrote to the dca's to let them know that they are in default re: supplying the cca's for the other 2 accounts...

I read on another thread that you can't claim charges back if you are going for an unenforceable cca... is that right?....
      :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Just to let you know that I received my statement today & the balance is £24.17cr. Suprisingly easy Thankyou all!

Comment

You are aware that they have only refunded you a fraction of the charges i.e. the difference between £12 and £20 (£8) so they still owe you a packet. As for the 8% interest you are entitled to ask for the rate they were charging you and compounded.

Comment

Actually ellamay, once pushed credit card firms WILL refund the entire amount plus interest..

Comment

There were only 4 x £12 charges on this account. (I paid late & missed 1 month (I think) due to 2 unexpected deaths in the family & going to the hospital everyday for a couple of months during the first part of the year).... I rang up & apologised & told them why Id had a strange couple of months so not sure if the £12's were reduced charges.... but thats what I was charged... Thanks for mentioning it though!
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              **Barclaycard sar info due today**
              Last edited by shas; 3rd September 2009, 08:42:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If the charges were recent, then they would have been 12 each, as thats what they were reduced to follwinf OFT 664 in April 2006. So it looks like yo got it all back, well done.

As for the other Barclaycards and the charges v CCA argument, depends which way you want to play it. When you get your SAR stuff, add up the charges. If they are more than the balance outstanding, claim them. Otherwise, go the CCA route if it will get the DCA's off yuor back and get the debt returned to Barclaycard. You could then use the charges at a later date to reduce to balance outstanding and pay them off. Just cos the debt may be unenforceable doesn't mean it won't exist. And see what CB thinks on this one as well. x
                Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks Wendy. The charges were all this year. x

As for the other barclaycards.... the cca route is in process & theyve defaulted on both accounts at the mo.
                  Im waiting to see what turns up in the sar info when it arrives

Comment

I have received my sar report from Barclays back today

There is no cca for the account that they refunded all of my charges on....nor are any statements included.

There is mention of another account in a memo dated 2007 but no cca, statements or anything else regarding it. (shas v moorcroft).

& for my 3rd account... shas v cabot........ there is no mention of this account at all nor a cca or statements...

Any advice, opinions or options regarding this would be truly welcome ... especially on how am I meant to work out what my charges are?...
                    Last edited by shas; 9th September 2009, 11:26:AM.

Comment

So what did they actually send you ? sounds like you just got a memo lol
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        So what did they actually send you ? sounds like you just got a memo lol
                        They sent me more than marlins lol!

Ok, they sent me.........

a couple of explanatory notes for the codes,

a 'list memo details' for 1 account...the account number & the present card number aren't the same... the credit limit of £50 which it refers to means I can only assign it to 1 account... the 1 I got charges refunded on earlier in this thread. I think the difference in numbers is to do with it going from a morgan stanley card to a barclaycard....
                        on this memo sheet, 13/2/2007 - review of accounts across portfolios due to conflicting account status. gf a/c deliquency status...

a cover letter saying thankyou for your sar request & it says copy statements are enclosed(?)-As a ref they have put just the 1 account number.

Copies of 2 x letters from barclays to me referring to the bank charges complaint & refund of all charges (as per earlier in this thread).

Then, theres a computer printout entitled 'Data protection act, Barclays bank plc, Cardholder/Account details & it all refers to the 1 account.........theres 17 pages of that.
                        3 pages of credit limit details
                        3 pages of transaction history details follow that.... it doesnt list the transactions as you would expect..........just general info
                        2 pages of behavioural score details ...

Then theres a "Data Subject Access Report for UCLID" for the 1 account....
                        Then some memo details for that same account...6 pages worth. Things that stick out include....

4/8/2009 Stmt archive copy request for morgan stan a/c

3/8/09 stmts from oct 05 to aug 09 sent. charges are 4 x12. Total refunds £48. Letter sent.

16/7/09 goldfish are mentioned here (thats twice sorry!)
                        It says ltr does not give goldfish a/c number but traced by name/address.
                        EDOSTAR 2 x 12 = 24 copy stmts req on morg stan.Then it says refunded £51.84 & ltr sent.

& thats it...........
                        Last edited by shas; 9th September 2009, 14:55:PM.

Comment

Sorry to bump this back up but.......

Do I need to send barclays a reminder (re incomplete sar) about the other 2 accounts......or shall I put reclaiming charges aside until they produce an enforceable cca for both accounts which are missing from the sar bundle? (shas v moorcroft & shas v cabot)

Comment

Yes I would ask for the missing information because there seems to be rather a lot of it.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you Thats a job for me over the weekend then!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X