• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capital One defaults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One defaults

Hi all.
    I have two Capital One defaults recorded against me.
    Ocean & Luma Credit Cards.
    Both went into default Feb 2020, both paid off in Full November 2020.

As they were low balance/limit cards (Limit £200 each) I tried to plead with them to remove the Defaults, mainly as this is stopping me from gaining employment (worked in finance before I was made redundant prior to cv19).

After my last attempt to get this cleared had failed, I decided to look through SAR they sent me back in April to see if I could find anything.

Here's what I've took note of.
    1)
    Card 1 - In November 2017, they placed me in a short payment plan due to financial difficulty - this plan agreement was for 6mths.
    Card 2 - was Opened April 2018 despite already being in a plan with capital one.
    Would this be considered irresponsible lending?

2) Discrepancy within the Transaction report.

Card 1 -
    Close bal @ Feb '16: £202.70
    Open bal @ Mar '16: £202.70
    March Debits:. £45.08
    March Credits: -£26.76
    Total Mar'16: £18.32
    Closing Bal: £249.02

Yep a £28 difference.
    This £28 difference remains on the account until I cleared the card.
    Some months I was over the limit but the £28 would have kept me well inside (approx £120 in Overlimit charges)

I contacted Capital One about who are looking into it as there system shows that there is two payments for £25 & £3 where as the extract only shows one set.
    The SAR letter states that the extract is a reflection of the information that would of been on statements.

Card 2 has similar, but the difference on this is £39.99, and again, Overlimit charges applied but I would have been within the limit. (capital one didn't mention anything relating to this.)

So who/what do I believe, or the FOS will believe?

The SAR which clearly states "the short form account statements show the opening & closing balance, in addition to any Purchases, cash withdrawals, payments, fees and interest charged. This enables you to see the activity on your account and is a summary of the information that would have been included in your monthly statements"

The capital one advisor said to continue with my FOS claim as I had received my final response letter regarding the defaults.

Has anyone ever known statements to be incorrect to a system generated report.

As I was forced into default for 12+mths due to their error, is it only the 8% interest on fees that can be reclaimed, as this really screwed up a job application.

I have previously been denied refund of charges by capital one.
    Tags: None

Sorry wouldn't let me attach the file showing transaction extract sent by Capital One
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ads2003uk View Post
      Sorry wouldn't let me attach the file showing transaction extract sent by Capital One
      it shows.

Comment

unfortunately an agreement to reduce payments and defaulting has to be recorded on CRA file for max 6 years or 5 years scotland as a true record, anf full final/part satisfaction will show as a factual requirement., capital one has refused to remove it (their right) and you have complained after final response as required by FOS., such a small amount of use of total owed and you had repayment problems, so recording this on credit file as a true record any other points will have to see how FOS adjudications on ?? long queue many of us have complaints in hand for over 1 year or more Have you in writing that your job application due to CRA records?

Comment

Yep.
          I have an email via an employment agency, they give the reason, of an entry on cra.

​​​​

Comment

have you seen the entry yourself?

Comment

Yes it appears as a soft search on Equifax & TransUnion

Comment

unfortunately the event happened and on report as a true record.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X