• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell

Hi all. I sent Lowell requests for information on two accounts and they have completely ignored the requests. I received a letter from a company saying they were working on behalf of Lowell and if I didn't reply by the 4th of June they would refer it back to Lowell Solicitors for further action. I have copies of the original letters of request and proof of postage. What's my next move please? Thanks in advance. S.
    Tags: None

Have you sent a CCA request? Or was it just a general SAR?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

It was a CCA request and cost me a pound. They responded to one I sent regarding another account and closed that account and refunded my pound. The other two they have ignored it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by smiler236 View Post
        It was a CCA request and cost me a pound. They responded to one I sent regarding another account and closed that account and refunded my pound. The other two they have ignored it seems.
        Well if you have proof that you have sent it to them and they haven't complied they can't enforce the alleged debt in court.

I would simply write back to the company telling them that there is an outstanding CCA request relating to the matter, that they have yet to comply with the request, as such the account is unenforceable and you will not be paying a penny.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks for replying to me. Should I send the letter to Lucas Credit Services or wait for Lowell Solicitors to write to me? Thanks. S.

Comment

Originally posted by smiler236 View Post
            Thanks for replying to me. Should I send the letter to Lucas Credit Services or wait for Lowell Solicitors to write to me? Thanks. S.
            Send the letter to who ever has written to you. No point stirring up Lowell Solicitors and reminding them they have work to do.

Comment

Hi again. I sent a letter as advised above with copies of the requests for information and proof of posting etc and received a letter back from Lowell solicitors telling me they have "noted" my comments in my letter sent to them. They have enclosed copies of the original credit agreements and a covering letter telling me if no response is received then their client has instructed them to "reinitiate the pre action process which could eventually result in a claim form being issued to you with further costs added to the above balance" They obviously want me to get in contact to discuss my "affordable repayment options" but I really feel they have proved nothing and have ignored the law in some way. I want to fight this as they are trying to bully me and others into paying debts they cant prove they own. Could someone please advise me what my next move is please? Thanks. S.

Comment

Make a complaint or seek a piece of advice to the professional debt collectors

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X