• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mbna vs curlew430

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mbna vs curlew430

I have had credit card for years never missed payment , Not alot owing 1400 approx not used in ages should of just paid it off really . I have received two cards through post one in my name and one in a friend's name both same account number. I used to live at friends address for a while in a different town to one I live in. I have never ever given anyone permission or advised credit card company to add no one to any of my accounts. I cannot believe they have sent both these to my house . I have called them and they say my friend was on account from the start...This is absolute rubbish 100% . I am also very disappointed and bit shocked as i informed them my very good friend has been dead about 5 years now . My question is should I send cca and sar request and am I within my rights not to pay till it's sorted out . They have removed my friend off apparently but I still have credit card the dished out Willy nilly. I am far from happy chappy. Hope you can help thanks
    Tags: None

Subject Access Request Letter no charge these days

stop paying at this stage cause you more trouble than it is worth

Comment

Did they say why they'd sent you the cards ? Has the previous card expired or had you reported as lost etc ?

I'm not surprised you're far from happy - the SAR and CCA request is a good step to finding out what the hell happened.

Keep up your minimum payments at least though. This is a separate issue to the payments on the card and as Mike says, stopping will cause more trouble than it's worth.

Once you have the SAR and CCA info you can make a formal complaint to the credit card company and potentially if they don't resolve/apologise/sort it to your satisfaction take the complaint to the FOS ( possibly and the ICO ).
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for reply , yes the card was up for renewal they sent it through the post like they have done before . This time I was quite shocked to see another card especially in a name who I have never had personal account dealings. I have no idea how he is connected in this way especially now he has died. I rang them and they said sorry he has died we will now remove him . I said I wanted to know how and why he was on my personal data. They said he was on from the start which is total rubbish .... This card has no cca with his name or mine it was done in a services in 2007 at best they will have credit card application not agreement .. And I never add any one to my finances ever

Comment

Get a Subject Access Request and CCA request sent in and then you can make your formal complaint once you have all the information.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I will thanks for advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X