• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BarclayCard Refund letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BarclayCard Refund letter

Hi guys,

new member here, with a situation which I thought seemed very wrong - I hope somebody can advise.

3 years ago I defaulted on a small barclaycard, which with interest and fees went from the £1500 limit to nearly £3000.

The debt was sold on by Barclaycard to Robinson Way, and is now held by Hoist. I have an agreement to pay the debt off which works fine for me - I don't even notice it.

I recieved a letter from Barclaycard a couple of days ago, where they own up to malpractice with fees and interest charges. As a result of this malpractice they have issued a compensation amount of just over £500 - great!

The problem is, they're issuing that to Hoist as a credit on my account with them. I have a real issue with that. BarclayCard committed these malpractices against me, and I think that as such I should recieved the sum directly. My situation with Hoist is nothing to do with Barclaycard -- they certainly shouldn't be allowed to issue compensation for malpractice against myself, and give it to another party. I think at least anyway.

Would anybody be able to advise on my rights here? I've been in touch with Barclaycard and got a very insincere apology from a talking head, who says that they definitely can't send me a cheque - who'd have thought a bank can't send a cheque?!

thanks in advance
    Andy
    Tags: None

Interesting, Would you be able to post a redacted copy of the letter up pls.

If the refund is for PPI / charges / interest it shouldn't have charged while in default of requirements - then it may have affected the balance of the account, the minimum payments due, and have contributed to the reason the account went into default and ramped up from £1500 to £3k. So rather than looking at where the refund against the account goes to, I'd first have a look at how the amount refunded has been calculated and whether it covers the effect the 'malpractice' had on the management of the account. If you can get the debt written off completely and the default removed ( unlikely but worth a look into ) that would be better than a £500 cash injection ( possibly ).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

2018 topic

Comment

This is a new post really continuing Andy's situation with Barclays, Robinson and Hoist. I hope it might be of interest to others.

I, too, am in a similar position to Andy (above) with a refund issued by Barclays direct to Hoist. The debt has remained unpaid for about the last five years as Barclays (and Robinsons) confirmed to me, in writing that it is Unenforcable, as there is no CCA that can be found. Hoist have made no reference to this in their many letters, texts, e-mails and voicemails that they seem to sprinkle, like confetti, in my direction. This, I understand to be in direct contravention with FCA rules and regulations, who, in their handbook insist that this should be spelt out along with its implications for the customer. That is gripe number one!
        Gripe number two is that Barclays have, apparently, made the payment directly to Hoist, so does anybody think that Hoist will see this as: "The last payment to the account". With it being made in (about) August 2022, will it start the Statute Barred clock ticking again?? Is there any ruling about anyone other than me making a payment? Or is a payment, "A Payment" - irrespective where it came from, or who made it??
        Any help, rulings or exact knowledge of the situation would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X