• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Six Years of Hell. Final admission. What Next ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Years of Hell. Final admission. What Next ??

Hi.

In 2009 i had an issue with my credit files that i thought could be sorted out very simply. EGG mistakenly linked my details with another person of the same name. I have one of the most common surnames in britain. I know of 4 people with the same name in my doctors surgery so not difficult to see how it could happen, however the pain i have gone through for the last six years has been torture.

i have spent the last 6 years trying to clean up my files of wrongful defaults and tying to stop the avalanche of letters dropping through my letterbox for other peoples debts. Each time i think i have succeeded i get another one from another company and then another default on my files. I have finally got the latest DCA to admit they got it wrong and they have even admitted that they knew it was a mistrace back in 2009 yet still put a default on my records..

One thing is for sure. it is pretty easy to prove you ARE someone. Have you ever tried to prove you ARE NOT someone. How can you do it. The DCA's would not listen and eventually i stopped trying as they made me so ill it just wasnt worth it.

I have this letter now from Lowell but they still have not taken the default off my files. I do not want to communicate with them any further. Is there any legal routes i could take to make these leeches pay for the harrassment, suffering and anguish they have caused. Not only that but the letter of admission also states that the reason for the mistrace is Equifax.

I do not think this will be the end. I have cleaned my records up and removed any details and addresses that are not mine. However the other people who i pressume will have had the same linked addresses (i.e mine) to their files are obviously not interested in removing them as long as i am getting the hastle. I rang the credit agencies and asked them to make sure that the other files are correct to be told "only the person whos file it is can ask for it to be corrected." how perverse is that. They have the wrong information and still will not do anything about it.
    Tags: None

Re: Six Years of Hell. Final admission. What Next ??

Have you been in touch with the Information Commissioner at all during this process ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

No. I just kept plugging away and trying to get them to stop. There is still one on my file now but just dont have the strength anymore to get it off.

Comment

Okay.You have done well to get these taken off your credit file but really you shouldn't have had to spend the last 6 years battling against these companies, particularly as they have admitted it was their fault. You could complain to the ICO, if they agree there has been a breach of the DPA and due care wasn't taken to ensure the information on your credit file was correct then you may be able to use their adjudication as persuasive in court in a claim for compensation. If the error is deemed down to equifax then it would be a case against them - have you communicated directly with equifax during all your complaints at all ?

Have you suffered any adverse affects of having these wrongful markers on the credit file? (other than the time and effort) such as being turned down for other credit, having to use higher interest rates etc ?

There's a judgment due to be handed down in a few weeks time in the Durkin v DSG Retail (PC WORLD) which should be of some interest with regards compensation for damage to reputation etc.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by stockport6
          I have finally got the latest DCA to admit they got it wrong and they have even admitted that they knew it was a mistrace back in 2009 yet still put a default on my records.
          This is a criminal offence. If you have this in writing, you can skin them alive. As Amethyst suggests, ICO and the Data Protection Act 1998 are the weapons of choice.

I do not think this will be the end. I have cleaned my records up and removed any details and addresses that are not mine. However the other people who i pressume will have had the same linked addresses (i.e mine) to their files are obviously not interested in removing them as long as i am getting the hastle.
          They probably don't even know. They will be applying for things and wondering why they keep getting turned down. And every time they get a refusal, their credit history gets worse.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X